Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2016, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog Patrol View Post
LOL when was the last time a terrorist or terrorist group used Nitrocellulose in a bomb? Never. This is government anti gun BS.

Last edited by Oleman; 09-03-2016 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:04 PM

Over here we Brits really do wish that you guys would stop "stocking up" and "storing enough to last a lifetime"... It's all well and good but we're at the end of the supply chain and by the time you're done panic buying firearms stuff there's nothing left for us!

The chances of your government bringing in the level of control that would completely stop you from owning guns is, well, zero! There are just too many of you with something to say about it. If they outlawed firearms they would have a hell of a battle on their hands.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:29 PM

Default ATF has changed the classification of nitrocellelose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleman View Post
LOL when was the last time a terrorist or terrorist group used Nitrocellulose in a bomb? Never. This is government anti gun BS.

Totally correct, anti-gun by the use of another back door approach. Fertilizer/Diesel and a ignition has done the most damage in years. And then the simple, but very effective, IED's are the major cause of death and injury now days. But the US Government/Wash DC just can not see that or beyond their own nose's. Bill K
Old 09-05-2016, 06:27 PM

Default Atf

It will slowly inch you out of the reloading game. Powder will be defined by law as too dangerous for the peons to own. Then the other laws like registering your ammo will fall into place. You can own all the guns you want but its only a club without ammo or a bayonet.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:56 PM

.45-70 is the answer. Works fine on black and with cast bullets. Neither are difficult to make.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc110381 View Post
.45-70 is the answer. Works fine on black and with cast bullets. Neither are difficult to make.
You don't understand? Their going to make your BP disappear the same way along with your primers.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:04 AM

One thing you have to remember is that they can't take away your mind. They may try, but it's not easy.

You can make black powder. And a number of other things too. All the ingredients are right there naturally and with the right process you can extract the things you need from nature. The key ingredient - potassium nitrate, can be extracted from soil with boiling water and alcohol. Look it up and soak up what the instructions tell you. You never know when it may come in handy.

Years ago (half my life ago now) I had an unhealthy interest in explosives. I used to like to mess about with them. No harm ever intended, it was a bit of fun, but the police didn't see it that way and I got arrested for causing an explosion with intent to endanger life. After investigation the charge was lowered greatly to possession of explosives and I was dealt with accordingly. I realised that if I wanted to lead a normal and decent life (I'm no criminal), I had to pack it in. I was in my teens and luckily took the right path from the start. I had decent parents and family/friends. But it's still there in my head. Not just black powder either. Things like urea nitrate, detonation velocity 4700m/s*, can be made from peeing in a bucket, collecting some dirt and distilling some alcohol. Of course it's not quite as simple as that, but it's not that much harder if you know how to go about it!

* Black powder as a comparison doesn't detonate, only burns fast. It "explodes" at subsonic velocity, about 310m/s. TNT detonates at just under 7000m/s

All useless info really and I'll never need it. But as you guys over the pond like to put it, if SHTF, it's right here in the mental library. knowledge isn't illegal. Years later I managed to get my firearms certificate as I'm not deemed to be a risk - not easy here. Of course I'm not. Life goes on. I was a daft kid.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:55 AM

Hard to fight modern armament with black powder driven arms - unless the military forces itself ousts the government- then what?
Old 09-06-2016, 12:41 PM

If you're going to look at it like that, it's hard to fight a modern military armament with anything we have access to!

Go ahead and blat away at their Apache with your AR15... see where it gets you!