Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 11-06-2019, 02:54 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

wow the offers and solutions on this board are amazing!

Not to mention the answers to just about anything.

Great going guys!

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 11-06-2019, 11:01 AM

David, PM sent....thanks so much! Cheryl is currently in ElPaso if I remember correctly in talking to her Monday.
Steve
Old 11-06-2019, 11:33 AM
Supporting Member

"Cheryl Atkinson at Optical Services was very knowledgeable, the black specks on the inside of the lenses are, she says, condensation on the lenses that are on both sides of the reticle."??
If that in fact is the case, other than the repair being more than the scope was worth, I'd be finding someone that could get into the middle of it and get it "cleared up".
Bottom line? Decide if it's worth it ($$$) to you to go after the repair.
Me?? If I liked that scope enough, I'd have it looked into. Some of the older stuff is much better than the newer stuff, and that includes some people.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:52 PM

foster's I (think) sent you an E-mail. The site logged me off before I finished the first try and when I sent the second attempt the site flipped me back to this thread. Hopefully it went thru.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:54 PM

xring I also tried sending you a reply hopefully it also went thru. I haven't a clue.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:21 PM

fosters the scopes hit the USPS around 2:00 P.M. (MST). The receipt says Tuesday 11-12-19 for delivery. The tracking number I'll try and PM you.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:40 PM

I don't know if I was unlucky or what but I had two vintage scopes "repaired" and both had to be returned. One was assembled wrong ('70's vintage Redfield) which was obvious as soon as it was removed from the box and when I called to tell them about it, they told me it was correct. After 3 times explaining the obvious mistake they finally relented and told me to send it back (on my dime) and they would take a look. Lo and behold it showed up in my mailbox a week later properly assembled. After that experience I tried another outfit and the scope ('70's vintage Weaver) literally fell apart after 5 shots. Sent it back and it lasted 21 shots the second time. I swore off vintage scope repair after that. It's cheaper if you buy a lemon of an older scope to just find another one.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:52 AM

Default Balvar Scopes and thank you to all you guys for your help!

A big "Thank You" to everyone who responded to my request for assistance on fixing the B&L Balvar 8 scope problem. My customer is VERY happy with the result, and thanks to david s here on the forum, who sent me two B&L
scopes, the Balvar 8 went on my customer's 1953 Model 70 30/06 and I forwarded the 2 3/4 B&L on to Xring yesterday. I mounted David's contribution on the Model 70 Thursday afternoon, and yesterday, my customer texted me a photo of the 100 yd target he fired with 168gr Remington factory ammo, a sub 3/4" group from the bench. Needless to say, he is very happy and sends his great thanks to david s.

I don't remember just how many years I have been a member here on Saubier, but I must say, that I have experienced nothing but wonderful good stuff from the guys on the forum here that I have asked for advice or purchased something from and sold items to. Saubier.com is a terrific bunch of guys! I am blessed to be a part of all this!
Thanks so much to all of you!
Steve

Last edited by fosters; 11-16-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:59 PM

foster's, received your note. First thank you and your welcome. Customers, particularly those chasing nostalgia, can be a bit finicky. I'm glad things worked out well. David