Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Big Game

Old 08-20-2016, 06:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to foxhunter

sure did, I got a Kimber Montana 223 and it is a tack driver with 40 and 60 gr bullets. I have a custom xp-100 in 6br for deer during pistol season. didn't really need the s&w.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:23 AM
Supporting Member

I have the same pistol. No scope just iron and at 100 I put em in a 4 inch bull every time. Accurate is an understatement. 454 Casull shoot well also.

Only problem I have with this gun is when at the range it sets all the car alarms off in the parking area
Old 09-17-2018, 02:40 AM

Default Rolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleman View Post
I've shot one of these and a 500 S&W. The muzzle break is a huge deal on these guns. A guy at my range had both of them. He wasn't doing very well. I was watching him along with one of my shooting friends. We both told him he was flinching which he denied. So he offer for my friend and I to shoot it. I took him up on the offer. First shot dead on 1 inch below the bull second shot bull dead center. I set the gun down and let my friend take a couple shots with very close to the same results. He asked if we want to shoot a couple more so we said yes. My friend reloaded the gun while I distracted him. Then we changed our mind and said no you go ahead but careful your guns loaded.

The guy picked up his gun and his first shot hit 2 feet low between the legs of his target stand. Next shot did the same. Then came the part we had planned for the empty cylinder. He pulled the trigger and his flinch was so bad the gun must have moved a foot. We ribbed him pretty soundly about how the recoil was so bad on those silent rounds.

A month latter he sold them both. When you're going to get one of these big guns always shoot one first before you tie your money up in it.
I was literally falling forward off the couch when I read what I expected to be the "flinch-line"