Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 06-16-2018, 03:23 AM
Supporting Member

Exactly Bill

We seem to both be in the " live with it " mode, sad but our family is more important than moving away from the BS, unfortunately.

I have always felt those ( not here, other forums) that suggest we bail to another state, don't realize if it were not for our staying and voting, the whole dam place would be idiots. LOL

Happy fathers day weekend, my friends.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:09 PM
Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ae35gunner

We are ALWAYS free (at least at this point in time) to VOTE WITH OUR FEET!!
The last time I was told to do this was by a Pres Jimmie Carter Administration Assistant Secretary of Defense who had been telling those of us that were FED UP with the deteriorating state of our military following the Vietnam War, that if we didn't like what Jimmie and the Dems (I was one at that time) were doing we could always VOTE WITH OUR FEET!! At that point I determined to change my plans for a 30+ year military career, and retired with just a little over 20 years (12 as an enlisted Gunner's Mate and 8 as a Chief Warrant Officer). I LOVED my career and consider myself fortunate to have served, BUT sometimes the future and its "unknowns" should NOT be feared, as there are opportunities to be found there as well. And speaking of "voting with our feet", following my retirement from the Navy both my wife and I went to the local City Hall and changed our voter status from registered Democrats to registered Republicans, and have NEVER looked back!!! No regrets here about either decision, BUT if Reagan had been president at that time...I would have stayed for 30+ years no problem. The other decision, however, would NOT have changed as the Democratic party has NOT represented my values since JFK!!! JMHO, Charlie
Old 06-16-2018, 04:10 PM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

After reading this page.
I get the idea the early birds to CALI
had it right when their maps showed it as

a separate island off the coast.

Maybe that's what has affected the mentality out there
with the pols.

IF feinstein is such a PITA why do you people keep electing her??
That's what I can't understand.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 06-16-2018, 05:03 PM

Default Heads up if you are near Kommiefornia

George : Now days the lib's/democrats seem to have all the power and outnumber the common sense folks. The bay area and most of the coastal area and central part of the state are filled with them and the queers and fruitcakes that just follow the crowds to the polls and vote as such. I think of the saying about the masses following each other, But also remember the "M" is often silent.. So the likes of Moonbeam, Feinstein, Boxer and others like them keep in office. Bill K
Old 06-16-2018, 05:58 PM

Default Power retention through "free handouts"

To add to the cart of stuff we are discussing here, if you look at how the dems stay in office it is a very basic formula. Keep increasing handouts tax everyone except the super rich and large corporations, while allowing poor foreigners legal and otherwise to receive your tax monies in the former of "free" assistance. If you had tan skin and grew up south of the border and now are allowed to vote, chances are you are two things, a former illegal given amnesty by libdems, and dependable for voting Democrat.

All this is talking place in front of your eyes, the libdems are snatching all your money, & freedoms, while encouraging substandard public education for all to ensure the masses aren't well informed enough to know who is actually screwing them into the dirt.

The next time I see a taco I might toss it over the wall. We don't have a need of them except. ...... oh yeah they pick our crops, take jobs that many of us red blooded Mericans won't , at lower wages, and in poorer working conditions. They are happy with this because it is a good bit better off here than from where they came. If you don't need your affordable groceries, just wait until we drive this labor resource out of the country. Get ready for $4.99 per Avacado and all other food hand picked to skyrocket in price.

The problem is that we actually do need to have this double edged sword pressed into our hands. Let's face it, when was it any of you went into a crop field for a days wages to feed your family?

So we try to balance the give and take while stretching our resources to the point of breaking. The resources I am referring to is us, the mostly middle class who are the tax base of our national economic engine. Without our expenditures the economy comes to a grinding halt. When the banking and S&L industry tried to screw us by increasing mortgage rates on variable rate mortgages we could largely not afford we said no. We stopped payments en-masse and essentially triggered a situation that collapsed one industry while affecting everything else except for the legislature that made it possible by repealing the Glass–Steagall Act of 1933 which had kept the financial industry from assured self destruction through corruption. Oh, and the super rich, they did not feel a pinch. Then, you were told to bail the financial industry out to the tune of about 1 trillion dollars stolen from other programs through benefit cutbacks. You also paid for the bailout of the Auto industry while the steel belt of the U.S. became the rust belt.

So next time we look at our grocery bill realize that in a rather direct way you get what you are willing to pay for, freedoms are not cheap. Liberal Democrats may be a necessary evil, let's just try keeping them in Kommiefornia where they came from. Those Republicans that are still in California, please do your best to restrict the libertardians by voting them out of office when ever possible, the rest of the nation would be forever thankful.

Last edited by 17tbs; 06-16-2018 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:55 AM
Supporting Member

Just read in our local Bird Cage Liner that the Republicans are the only one griping about splitting California up. The Democrats have it just about the way they want it. The article was only talking about a two way split. Try a three way split with the Coast being the third part. That would put most of the liberals in one area. If they cut it with Sacramento being part of the liberal group, the rest of the state would get by pretty good. If the Central Valley needed water, let them pay for it rather than take what they want without paying or asking for it.

Keep the Mexicans out and who will pick the crops, clean your houses, mow your lawns or work the fast food joints? The Crackers won't? Not as long as they've got their welfare $$ coming in.
Try a little "short hoe" work and see how YOU like it. A little hard work makes you sleep better. But we know there won't be any changes to the welfare system any time soon.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Mikie View Post
Just read in our local Bird Cage Liner that the Republicans are the only one griping about splitting California up. The Democrats have it just about the way they want it. The article was only talking about a two way split. Try a three way split with the Coast being the third part. That would put most of the liberals in one area. If they cut it with Sacramento being part of the liberal group, the rest of the state would get by pretty good. If the Central Valley needed water, let them pay for it rather than take what they want without paying or asking for it.

Keep the Mexicans out and who will pick the crops, clean your houses, mow your lawns or work the fast food joints? The Crackers won't? Not as long as they've got their welfare $$ coming in.
Try a little "short hoe" work and see how YOU like it. A little hard work makes you sleep better. But we know there won't be any changes to the welfare system any time soon.

Robots we need robots to pick crops.
Old 06-17-2018, 01:13 PM

Try a little "short hoe" work and see how YOU like it. A little hard work makes you sleep better. But we know there won't be any changes to the welfare system any time soon.[/quote]

I am not against the Mexican or others, with the work permits/visas coming in and working. They are a valuable work force, for many areas.
But the locals that are on welfare and making it a family tradition, need controlled. No cash handouts, for them to spend on cell phones, tattoos, etc. Give them a monthly package of basic food and hygiene supplies and that's it. If they want cash to buy cell, smokes, alcohol and that stuff, then they can find work or be given jobs aiding Cal-trans and others in cleaning streets, roadways and such, and earn a paycheck/cash. But sacramento is just too free with working, taxpayer's money with the welfare handouts. Bill K
Old 06-17-2018, 03:05 PM
Supporting Member

17tbs gets my vote for largest graphics/widest post of the year......

A true mega-argument if there is such a thing.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 06-17-2018, 04:07 PM

Default Getting off the fence

BCB, et.al., (& ya'll),

The original post was not intended to stir up a hornets' nest, but it seems as though a few of us have the stomach for the discussion, my comments became slowly more critical of the underlying causes. There aren't any free lunches, everything costs someone something.

Bill, your idea might just catch fire, after all that is what eventually happens to most things in California, correct or no?

If it were possible to do so , it would be very interesting to see how much firearm & outdoor sporting industry investment activity exists within the portfolios of the rich liberals and rainbow fruitcake nuts. My guess is that despite their public outcry there are more than a few who would resemble Janus.

minus creduli esse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou City Boy View Post
17tbs gets my vote for largest graphics/widest post of the year......

A true mega-argument if there is such a thing.

-BCB

Last edited by 17tbs; 06-17-2018 at 04:25 PM.

Tags
fine, jail, seizure