Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2018, 06:51 PM

I shoot a lot of rimfire ammo in both pistol and rifle. I am also on the shooting sports committee with our local BSA Council so I am familiar with what all the BSA camps are shooting and what if any problems they have. Some individual semi auto guns, particularly pistols, have a preference for ammo when it comes to ejection and cycling. As has been mentioned, you may need to go through a break in period where you are shooting a high or hyper velocity round. If you need a hyper velocity round, I would recommend CCI velocitors or Aguila Interceptor -- But these are rarely needed and I do not shoot them regularly. For the most part for plinking or breaking in, Blazers or Federal champion 510 (or American Eagle AE5022 - same as Fed 510) work well. I took my boys (my scout troop) shooting this summer and went through about 10,000 rounds of AE5022 with very very few failure to fires. Right now you can buy the Balzer or the Fed 510/AE5022 for $20 or less per brick. No need to look for anything less expensive. CCI mini mag also work very well, but are generally more expensive. I have had good luck with CCI standard velocity (I can purchase for $25 brick) but prefer other ammo for accuracy.

I generally stay away from any Remington rimfire ammo because it is dirty and seems to be a lower quality production. I have given away any remington rimfire that I have purchased in the past so I am not tempted to try it "again."

You will want to make sure that your firearm is clean. Particularly the chamber. I generally clean my semi-auto pistols much more often than my semi-auto rifles. Don't know why, they just need it to function reliably. Don't take your Mk 2 down to clean unless you know someone who can help you reassemble if necessary. They can be a little difficult to the un-washed .
Burt

Last edited by bburrell; 09-29-2018 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:13 PM
Supporting Member

Thanks all. I think it will be Blazer, @ $20/ delivered.
Ruger's website has a very good description of reassembling a Mk I/II/III.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:49 PM

There are outfits like e a brown that sell a kit that replaces whatever goofy mechanism makes them hard to put back together. I dont remember the details but it's an option
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" John 10:10
Old 10-01-2018, 03:36 PM

I was afraid of cleaning my MKII also until I watched a Youtube video on how to do it. I use some fishing line to pull the takedown lever.One you do it a couple of times it is a breeze.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260Ackley View Post
There are outfits like e a brown that sell a kit that replaces whatever goofy mechanism makes them hard to put back together. I dont remember the details but it's an option
Majestic Arms produces the kit, I've got one and disassembly is a snap