Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2013, 11:25 PM

So, what would I really gain with Lapua in my situation? I am using LC 223 brass for 20VT. This brass has had EVERYTHING done to it in regards to making it consistent from one piece to another. Silly stuff seems like it is going to last forever as long as I anneal it after every 5 reloads. Easy to work and awesome accuracy. Truly not "poo-pooing" Lapua, I know it's great stuff! It would be different for me if the choice was between forming up new Lapua or whipping a new batch of LC in to shape. Just wondering if I am missing an important point somewhere.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:27 PM
Supporting Member

Thanks Matt
Old 12-17-2013, 11:13 AM
Supporting Member

Well, if there was ever a sign that the drought on supplies is about to end, this may be one of them.

Me thinks, a lot of manufacturers are going to be making stuff they haven't in the past, if only to try and keep up with (or minimize the loss of) profit margins over the past few years...

It's interesting times gentlemen...

We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do great violence on our behalf. -- George Orwell
Old 12-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Supporting Member

Ramos I feel the same, after what I do to all my brass, I will continue with my LC, IMI and W-W brass. I will say when working with the different PPC Imp cases, I could run higher velocities with no pressure signs using Lapua. In the reality of things in the field, I haven't found that 100 or 150 more fps improved my hits on prairie dog though.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Supporting Member

Ray that's what I think a guy gains, ya don't have to do all that work cause it's made where ya don't need to, great for us lazy types .
One thing I found with Lapua brass in .223 formed to .20 Tactical is that the load is exactly the same for the same velocity and exact same point of impact as the cases formed from IMI cases.