Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to SShooterZ

I've spent a lot of time on a lot of forums (embarrassing amount of time) and came to a point where I created my own because of the overall disrespect and money focus that so many forums harbor.

People will sell themselves out for a $$ and totally fleece good hearted members who are just looking to be generous. That really gets my goat the most. Not to mention folks reading PMs and just doing shady things in the background. Then they offer "group buys" so that they can procure free barrels and parts at the expensive of the members and never share that with the members. Makes me sick.

Then you get the forums where people just flat out insult each other and say some of the most vulgar things and think they're being clever or funny. I get a couple of guys drinking beers together in a bar who have been friends for awhile doing it but you don't have a <sarcasm> font on the internet. I don't get it to be honest.

Yeah, this place is pretty tame in comparison and heads and tails above most in knowledge. I won't make the mistake of ditching again.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:47 PM

It's been a few years since I was on the site. Got wrapped up in a few business ventures and grand kids plus health problems with my bride so been away for a bit. But can tell you that indeed I have been blessed with all the friends I made thru Saubier. Of all the sales, trades and purchases I made on this site I never one time got burned. Didn't get to meet in person all of the folks here but one can make lasting friendships without physically meeting up. For me it has been a good run.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
It's been a few years since I was on the site. Got wrapped up in a few business ventures and grand kids plus health problems with my bride so been away for a bit. But can tell you that indeed I have been blessed with all the friends I made thru Saubier. Of all the sales, trades and purchases I made on this site I never one time got burned. Didn't get to meet in person all of the folks here but one can make lasting friendships without physically meeting up. For me it has been a good run.
Brooks,

I feel I am one of those also blessed to share your & many others friendships here through the years!! You are a Gentleman! Thank you!

I saw your post of "liquidation"....and tho it saddens me, I understand the motivation and feel I will soon be following your lead! It is difficult to keep the same pace of the past when so many issues of health for ourselves and within our individual relationships start to deteriorate.

If I may be of any help to you, please let me know!
I wish you and your family the Very Best!!!

Bill Oviatt