Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 08-10-2018, 10:56 AM
Banned

Default Ruger

It's just like the 17 CCM only better! Cooper had lots of problems with the 17 22 ccm!
Old 08-10-2018, 12:13 PM

I did the same thing bought ammo before I had rifle in hand.
I ended up with the SSHB Tupperware stock. I have my eye on a Boyds, but am going to clean up this ugly plastic some. Worst I could do is ruin it.

I figure this gun and cartridge for me to be 2-250 ish. Farther than that switch guns. I have some extra glass, but I happened onto the Bushnell B mag scope for the right price. I am going to see how it works soon.

On ammo, I see guys preferring one flavor over the other, yet most say WW is loading it all. One any better than the other I have to really think it would be more of a lot number than a head stamp. Yes it could be spec'd out by one,but I don't really think so my self.

I look back at the wolf 22 ammo years ago compared to SK and the original manufacturer.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:11 PM

On ammo, I see guys preferring one flavor over the other, yet most say WW is loading it all. One any better than the other I have to really think it would be more of a lot number than a head stamp. Yes it could be spec'd out by one,but I don't really think so my self.

I would think, rather than buy ammo, others say works best, would be to test the various brands/makers in your rifle and see which one IT likes best and is the most accurate. Seems like every rimfire likes one brand over another, no matter what others say works in theirs. Just a thought. Bill K
Old 08-10-2018, 06:05 PM
Supporting Member

Here ya go Matt

http://www.saubier.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24631

Unlike FC my personal experience is just opposite. Although I did sell my 17CCM I have found it to be superior in both accuracy and performance. My 17 CCM was really awesome when I found 17/17s and enforcer.

Btw the guy who bought mine already has several CCMs, think he found some that he likes also
Old 08-10-2018, 06:15 PM
Banned

Default Ruger

Horse hockey!!!!!
Old 08-10-2018, 07:56 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat cat View Post
Horse hockey!!!!!
I can appreciate and relate to that in the beginning I actually felt that CCM stood for crappy centerfire magnum. The day I packaged it up to sell it was a tuff day, hard thing to do so I just hang onto the good memories and maybe later on down the road I will have the good luck to own one like it again. Until then I will settle for and remain very grateful that we have a 17 WSM.

Matt the 17 WSM’s only advantage for me personally, is that it’s a rimfire and would be awesome in a semi automatic firearm and not be concerned about losing my brass

I’m pretty sure that I will pass on owning a Ruger and go right to a Franklin Armory upper when the timing is right.

Last edited by GLWenzl; 08-10-2018 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:30 AM
Banned

Default Ruger

My buddy has 2 coopers one is the 22 CCM the other the 17ccm. I can still remember the day like it was yesterday ! He handed me the 17 CCM for the very first time, It blew my little mind! I've been hooked on small calibers ever since. So I know a little something about the little 17 beautiful Cooper rifles. They should have worked on cartridge design a little better !
Old 08-11-2018, 11:51 AM

Default Thanks for sharing the old post Gary....

Reading it again reminds me of how we really think along the same lines,even years ago.I remember seeing my first Cooper in CCM years ago at the Pennsylvania Outdoor Show,I have been in love ever since.For me the culmination of that original design of the Velo Dog case made into a hot 17 rimfire built by Cooper would be the cats meowIf Cooper chooses to entertain such a venture and build an action for the 17WSM I feel that rounds future would be cemented in production for a long time,I am glad Ruger has seen the light though.I will probably buy a Ruger now and try and be patient for Cooper to come on board later.
Matt
Old 08-11-2018, 06:28 PM
Supporting Member

I’m pretty that you won’t havd any regrets Matt. Thinking back to all the wildcats Cooper use to do, it is surprising that they haven’t put a wsm out already.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:55 PM
Supporting Member

Matt, if you buy a Ruger, I hope that you get a good one.

I got an e-mail last week asking me why I keep pushing Rugers when, "Everyone knows that only about 1 in every 25 is accurate. The rest are garbage."

I'm off to buy some Lotto tickets....its Saturday.......

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine