Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Project Guns

Old 04-04-2020, 12:29 AM

Default "Mini Beast" Roars

Finally got around to shooting the "Mini Beast" today. Only played at about 30 yards and it grouped real well. If you take out the vertical stringing which I am sure was MY FAULT, it did about 3/4 inch. Been shooting the 20, 22, & 17 calibers so much lately it is going to take Me a little while to remember "to forget the recoil". Not near as much fun as it used to be. The frame is an easy open with about a 14 ounce trigger, does have a little amount of creep, but I will fix that soon. Barrel is 10 inch bull with a deep black finish by Gary Reeder chambered in 41 GNR. Base is a Warne Gloss with Burris Gloss signature rings. Scope is Old School US made Gloss Burris 2-7. Grip is Pachmayr decelerator and the Forearm is a walnut (NOT FROM MY DADS BOARD) Dave Dolin, but it is coated with black Dupli-Color Aerosol bed liner to match the Pachy Grip. Not perfect but I think it is a super idea. Wish I could take credit for it but my son in law Alan Gipson came up with this. Told him I liked it so well that I may even tell my Daughter to keep Him LOL. Had forgot how GREAT a Gloss set up looked, and how hard it is to find all the components. Only shot about 20 rounds to sight in the scope. Once my Nerves calm down (Must forget recoil) we will see what it will really do.
Brass was easy to form and I do love a 41 caliber. Will post targets on next outing, but here a are a couple of pictures of the Mini Beast:
Thanks for reading
Doug

Old 04-04-2020, 01:17 PM

Looks sweet and neat.. Bill K
Old 04-06-2020, 03:10 PM
Administrator

41 GNR? 44 mag necked down? Pics look like it has a slight neck? Interesting.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:21 PM

I bet "roars" is the operative verb. I have an old 10" octagon barrel in 44 Magnum, and both muzzle shock and recoil, especially upward rotation, are a bit much for my liking.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:30 PM

I am considering deer hunting with the Grandson this fall. 41 GNR is Gary Reeder proprietary cartridge. But it is simply a 44 Mag necked down to a 41 Caliber Supposed to push a 170 Grain JHP almost 2000 FPS and a 210 grain JHP 1900 Should be adequate for SC deer. LOL
Safe shooting
Doug