Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 07-22-2020, 05:08 PM

Default Berger .17 HP Match 25gr Request

I sent an e-mail to Berger Bullets yesterday asking how many bullets would need to be ordered if they would be willing to again make .17 caliber 25 gr match HP bullets as a special run (this is not match varmint).
Here is their answer.
Possibly, if enough of us would commit to purchasing a large number of these a special run might be made?
Jim

Hello Jim,

Thank you for contacting us at Capstone PG. This bullet had been discontinued due to lack of sales to justify carrying it. To bring a bullet back like this would require a run into the high hundreds of thousands that would be committed to by our distributors and dealers and the demand simply has not been forthcoming. We have noted your request as to your wants since it is information like yours that is valuable to us and is looked at by our R & D new product teams. We thank you for taking your time to contacting us with your wants. Please do not hesitate to get back with any of us with the Capstone Tech Team if we can be of further assistance.

Bob Blaine
Old 07-22-2020, 05:45 PM

We all think we may shoot a lot, but really not even a drop in the bucket of what is needed to do a run.
Old 07-23-2020, 11:38 AM

Isn't this the same bullet we had a group buy on a few years back? If so, I still have around 500. They never shot as good as Nagels or Kindlers.
Old 07-23-2020, 12:11 PM
Supporting Member

If the VMax doesn't fill you need, we need to support the small custom maker. They are the last line for custom bullets when the Bergers of the world turn their backs on us.
Old 07-23-2020, 01:33 PM
Supporting Member

when i had the 30's run it was 100K to do a special run. Personally id pay for Nagels before going to Berger who seems to have all but abandoned the small caliber crowd.

ML
Old 07-23-2020, 05:56 PM
Supporting Member

I agree with Mtngoat. Berger was bought out years ago and now they are just another big corporation who is all about what is good for them and Billy Be Damned to the customers. Hornady is one of the few exceptions in the big company way of acting. If you can really put together a 100,000 bullet order you would make some small bullet makers entire year, hell even half that would be great.

I used to shoot a lot of Berger bullets. I no longer buy them, I sold off the inventory I had and switched everything over to Hornady and Barnes.
Old 07-28-2020, 04:06 PM

Found 1000 Berger .17 cal 25 gr Match
Thanks!
Jim