Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Bullet Making

Old 03-19-2009, 12:27 AM

Default 45's are great!

Michael,

I just got done testing your new 45's for Kevin Weaver in my wife's 20PPC. They shoot sensational, and probably even exceed that old bullet that was pretty well known around these parts.

Keep up the good work.

Mike
Old 03-19-2009, 02:05 AM

Michael,

The site looks very good! I will try and get out next week and shoot some of the samples that you sent me. I'm sure that I will be placing an order with you soon. I'm going to coat them with boron nitride first to see how they do as that is what I have been coating all my bullets with recently.

Phasor
Old 03-19-2009, 03:38 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash View Post
Michael,

I just got done testing your new 45's for Kevin Weaver in my wife's 20PPC. They shoot sensational, and probably even exceed that old bullet that was pretty well known around these parts.

Keep up the good work.

Mike
Mike,
Those were left over from a run I tried just for grins.
Due to the lead not being up in the Ojive I didn't think they would shoot. Could you check them and see if they look like they have rebated base, if so that is where the 224" jackets are reformed to .20 caliber, If not there were 20 caliber jackets cut down to work. I'm trying to get Berger to make a special run of jackets to make a 45 grain bullet

ML
Old 03-19-2009, 01:52 PM

Michael,

As far as I can tell...the base does not appear to be rebated. There is a "ring" mark around the circumference just above the base, but the diameter measures .204 all the way to the base.

Mike
Old 03-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Supporting Member

Don't know how I missed this thread before, but NICE SITE Michael! You did a great job.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash View Post
Michael,

As far as I can tell...the base does not appear to be rebated. There is a "ring" mark around the circumference just above the base, but the diameter measures .204 all the way to the base.

Mike
Mike those are the .224" jackets refomed to .20 caliber. The cores were seated in the old press/ dies but I pointed them up in the new press/ dies. Can you get me the OAL length of the bullet I'll keep Bugging Eric at Berger about custom length jackets.

ML
Old 03-23-2009, 04:38 AM

Mike...

Cudos on a VERY nice looking site, with a professional looking shop and products. Much luck in the future!

Bughole
http://PrecisionBallisticsLLC.com