Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2021, 02:04 PM

Default 60 minutes

I seriously wonder how that show survives. Does anyone watch it. I have not in 25 or so years.
Old 06-14-2021, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by df06 View Post
I seriously wonder how that show survives. Does anyone watch it. I have not in 25 or so years.
I rarely or never watch it, and believe the reason it survives is that the number of ignorant people seem to keep growing and following the present leaders who lie and cheat, and they must be in the same frame of mind to listen to these fools and let them pull their strings like puppets, with no mind or thought of their own, especially common sense.
Old 06-14-2021, 03:46 PM

[quote=Bill K;298264
Yet shows like 60 minutes eat it up and don't bother to check facts either.[/QUOTE]

That's because when you're a liberal the facts, rules, and constitution are what you say it is based on how it best serves the narrative they're pushing at the moment so I guess when you sign up to be a liberal they get some kind of card they keep in their pocket and when they're fact checked they just flash their liberal card and the truth, facts, rules, and constitution instantly become whatever they say it is.
Old 06-14-2021, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
...so powerful it can shatter bone and destroy organs.
I think Ford products do this on a routine basis. There should be a law. That would fix it.
Old 06-14-2021, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrod View Post
I think Ford products do this on a routine basis. There should be a law. That would fix it.
Or even Planned Parenthood. They shatter bones, rip babies bodies apart and make more profit off of their body parts, by selling them. And are even supported and funded by the politicians in Wash DC.
Old 06-14-2021, 07:18 PM

First, I am not saying that I want to get shot, but I would rather be shot by my AR than by my .257WB, or 7mmRM. There's some velocity for ya.
Old 06-14-2021, 08:17 PM

Default Scary AR’s

Well, there may be some good side effects of the media trying to frighten the public where these rifles are concerned. My grandson is a Special Agent with the IRS - they are looking for white collar criminals, illicit drug sales, money laundering, etc. rather than your routine income tax examinations.

He said that when their task force prepares to make an arrest and resistance isn’t anticipated, they have a group of three armed with handguns. When they suspect a possibility of resistance they include a couple of additional team members armed with M16 rifles. He said that when the bad guys catch a glimpse of the M16’s you can just see any thoughts of resistance melt from their faces.

He has told Grandpa quite a few interesting stories (some of which I have read about in the papers) over a few beers. He has an interesting job!

Gary

NRA Endowment Life Member
Old 06-14-2021, 09:31 PM

[quote=Gary in Illinois;298275]

He said that when their task force prepares to make an arrest and resistance isn’t anticipated, they have a group of three armed with handguns. When they suspect a possibility of resistance they include a couple of additional team members armed with M16 rifles. He said that when the bad guys catch a glimpse of the M16’s you can just see any thoughts of resistance melt from their faces.

In my day in LE, we did not have any M16's, etc. Had a couple Thompson's 45ACP and a M2 .30 carbine. And I can tell you, when we wanted attention at a armed situation, a rack of the slide on the old Scattergun shaped many a person up and they did as told.
Old 06-15-2021, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in Illinois View Post
Well, there may be some good side effects of the media trying to frighten the public where these rifles are concerned. My grandson is a Special Agent with the IRS - they are looking for white collar criminals, illicit drug sales, money laundering, etc. rather than your routine income tax examinations.

He has told Grandpa quite a few interesting stories (some of which I have read about in the papers) over a few beers. He has an interesting job!
When we lived in Jonesboro Ga. south of Atlanta one of our friends was a IRS Special Agent, as you say they ran into some danged interesting situations.
Old 06-15-2021, 04:00 PM

Every time I handle one of my M1 carbines I chuckle to my self because it doesn’t
even Get honorable mention by the media in the “bad” department. Of course ballistically the carbine is no match for AR but just like the AK has managed to fuel several wars, numerous revolutions and killed a hell of a lot of people.
But unlike the AR it looks so innocent.