we'll see.

Cheers guys!

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 10-01-2021, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale Johnson View Post
I called Defiance yesterday and they said 35-40 weeks

That is true if you order directly from Defiance.....they directed me to select one of their dealers, they named 4 or 5 of them and I just happend to call Alamo. I called Alamo first week of May, ordered one action, then two days later decided to order an additional one, as it took so long to get them, and I "might" want to do another build at some point in the future.....lol! Took about 16 weeks to get the action.....

If I had ordered anything but the 223 bolt face, they said would have been much sooner as not many want the small bolt face, mostly the PRC stuff at the moment.
Steve
Old 10-01-2021, 02:06 PM

Default action

Thanks for tip, I will look into that
Old 10-06-2021, 10:54 AM

Well, the new build from Kevin Weaver arrived yesterday, and it is nice! Only problem is that I have too much going on in other areas right now to go shoot it........bummer! Have a set of Talley rings on the way, and have lots or Rob Robinett's 40gr pills to run down the bbl.

The bolt works slicker than anything I have ever seen! I thought I had some that were pretty nice, but NOT! The "nitriding" on the bolt and receiver really make this thing a "smooth operator!" I ordered and extra action back in May, to cover the "just in case" scenario, for the next possible build, and it has not been nitrided yet, and while it is smooth, there is no comparison to the "slickness" of the one Kevin had nitrided. Very worthwhile to do the nitride in my opnion.

Will take some pictures when I get the scope mounted (Leupold 8.5x25) up on it and share them here. I must say that I am very happy with Kevin's work and all the communication and advice he put into the project!
Steve