Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 02-24-2018, 02:02 PM

I would just cancel the credit cards and forego replacing them but it is very difficult to buy online without one. And, PayPal is at least as bad as an alternative!

Gary

NRA Endowment Life Member
Old 02-28-2018, 01:41 PM

As I promised, following are both FNB Omaha's response to my inquiry about their discontinuance of the NRA credit card and my reply:

Dear Gary:

Thank you for contacting First National Bank.

Customer feedback has caused us to review our relationship with the NRA. As a result, First National Bank of Omaha will not renew its contract with the National Rifle Association to issue the NRA Visa Card.

We take your concerns seriously and will share them with our leadership team.

If you need any assistance with an account, please give us a call at 888-530-3626, or sign on to your online account and send us a secure email message.

Sincerely,

Holly R.
Customer Service Representative

My reply to FNB Omaha's response:

Your knee-jerk reaction is disappointing to all who bother to think for themselves. You are allowing the mis-directed anger of a vocal minority of Americans who cannot, or will not, see that real cause of mass shootings is not firearms, but the people who are using them for criminal purposes. Americans have had easier access to the same firearms for decades but mass shootings are a fairly recent phenomenon. Since the guns have not changed during the last forty years, a responsible person would conclude that the shooters are the real problem. It is easier to lash out at inanimate objects than to face facts. The real cause of mass shootings is the breakdown of the family, the failure to instill morals and a sense of responsibility in our children and our unwillingness to deal with mental health problems. Until we are ready to admit the real causes and be mature enough to deal with these problems, the shootings will, unfortunately, continue.

While you are certainly entitled to your ill-informed opinion, I am also entitled to take my business elsewhere. I will be closing both of my accounts at FNB Omaha in the very near future. I will also make your position known on all the relevant information forums.

Gary A Fry
Taylorville, IL

Gary

NRA Endowment Life Member

Last edited by Gary in Illinois; 02-28-2018 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:16 PM

Default NRA credit card

Very informative Gary, and a very well spoken/written response too them. Bill K
Old 02-28-2018, 03:02 PM
Supporting Member

Gary,
Excellent reply. Thank you. Jim
Old 02-28-2018, 06:57 PM
Supporting Member

Well reasoned response, makes me wish I had one of their accounts so I could close it as well!

I posted this above in another thread so sorry if it's redundant but I vowed to mention these phony salesmen every time I had the chance so here goes, real sorry if this is a hijack.
The AARP! Helping seniors my left foot !! Helping them spend their money with AARP is what they are about and here's where some of it goes, (my post from above).

"AARP Quote"
"At this time, the Board of Directors has recently restated AARP policy to continue to support careful measures to restrict the availability of guns to certain populations (supported it with AARP member's money). Yet, our policy does not preclude responsible citizens who are educated in gun safety from gun ownership.
However, respected research continues to indicate that the use of firearms in assaults and robbery-particularly handguns-is directly linked to the high death rate from interpersonal violence in the USA compared with other industrialized countries. The prevalence of random violence featuring handguns in some neighborhoods has resulted in numbers of older people becoming virtual prisoners in their homes. Increasingly, families are suffering the loss of children and grandchildren who are the victims of violent crimes and senseless shootings. While registration requirements do not eliminate criminal or psychotic misuse of handguns, such requirements reduce the availability of guns, just as laws do not eliminate but do reduce the availability of illegal narcotics. Reduced availability to inappropriate users means lives saved. While you may disagree with the Board on this particular policy, we hope that many other issues, objectives, and services of AARP so beneficial to older Americans encourage you to remain or become a valued member of the association.”

We throw away every advertisement they send up still unopened, they subtly connect gun ownership to illegal narcotics. Pound sand AARP .
Also, be sure and email all those companies that pulled out (whether you use them or not) and make sure they know you will never use them again. Be sure and keep it clean and polite as Gary did, otherwise it just reaffirms the gun guys are "Looney-Tunes" position they must be believing.
The Anti's seem to be making their big play right now, I just sent some money to the NRA and called some elected officials this morning.

Last edited by montdoug; 02-28-2018 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:42 PM
Supporting Member

Hope they enjoy their play for now. Wait till economic reality sets in. AARP can kiss off. They’ll never see a dime from me, but I hope they keep sending me literature, wasting their money. Not only will they never see a dime from me, neither will any of the companies they partner with.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:28 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Doug:

You're doing it wrong pard!

Mark it: RTS, Undesirable mail from anti gun/ anti NRA org

Make 'em pay twice by paying to return it.

At the very least, even if the PO throws it in the junk bin.
You're not disposing of their trash even if you burn it.

Send it back and let someone else take care of that stuff.
When my bills come full of ad's for crap, I tear it all into several pieces
and mix my check in with it so they've got to sort thru the trash to get
the payment. DISH, and Black Hills Energy are two of the worst for that.
I even sometimes write on the face of the bill over top the code bar thing:
"Do NOT fill my bills with your advertising!" That makes their hired help have to run the payment by hand.

I know it's wasted but, hey, if makes ME feel good just to do it. To me, that's worth the effort.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"