Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2018, 05:02 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D. View Post
The spamming phone calls, "I'm Alice with Microsoft support", are annoying enough anytime but the phone rang at 2:30am with that recorded fecus...I'd love to get a shot at whoever was behind that one.
Gerald, our phone, internet, TV provider hooked us up to a service called "no mo robo", all one word I think. Doesn't cure all calls but any machine generated call rings once then it's gone. We sure appreciate it!
I think anyone can sign up to it and it's free.
The one problem we have that has no culprit but sure drives us nuts is that our phone number is one digit off of the phone of our local Costco's shipping and recieving dept. We get a 3:00 AM call about once a month asking where the trucker should park his Semi? I have a real good idea of where they should park their trucks but my Bride won't let me explain it to em .
Old 02-19-2018, 05:03 PM

Heck, Doug. I'm just glad you are back with us here. Saw the thread title and was afraid you had hurt yourself!

As for ignorance in regards to computers and the cyber-world, I reckon I could give anyone on this site a run for their money!

Welcome back, you have been missed.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:51 PM
Supporting Member

Thanks Ramos, good to get some of this behind us, I'm a lot smarter about how to act on the computer now then I use to be .
Guy that fixed up my computer explained a lot to me, great guy's down at "Re-Compute" here in Bozeman America .

I swore I'd never have a computer years back. About that time Vihtavuori powders came out and there was zero load data for it in the library of hardback loading manuals I had. I was sniveling about it to my bride who promptly took me to her office at the Library, sat down at her computer and asked "How do you spell that?". I took a WAG and she pulled up their site and asked "is that it?". I said yes and she printed out about 8 pages of loading data, I started thinking hhmmm,? maybe there is a use for these.
About a month later the Bride and daughter number 1 went to the yearly "Garage Sale-a-rama" they have at the Fair-Grounds. She comes to my office afterwards and gives me a "Mouse-pad" with a lovely picture of her on it. I said "that's a really a great photo of you!" She say's, "yeah and every time you look at it and see my face I want you to remember the reason you can see my face is because there's no mouse on it because we don't have a computer " she's so subtle. We had one in 2 days. Within 6 months she nicknamed me "Web-Hog". We got another one . Don't understand em but I also don't know how we ever got along without one.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:27 PM

My old number was one digit off the local deli. They made bread and plenty of subs. I would get calls at 4 or 5 am about once a week to place an order. I got mad at first but after a while I would play along take their order. "Yep, yep with mayo, no mustard....." Hang up. After not getting their food a few times people caught on and we're more careful dialing.
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" John 10:10
Old 02-19-2018, 06:36 PM
Supporting Member

Great idea 260, I love it . I'll have those Semi's on the back side of the Bozeman ponds and have em needing to back up about half a mile. "FANTASTIC !!"
Old 02-19-2018, 09:59 PM

I had a similar problem and solution. Years ago, we had recently moved from another state, and got a new phone number. Several times a week we would get a call asking about "prices on body work" or "if my car was fixed yet"? Turns out a local body shop put up new signs/billboards along the highway and there was a typo on their signs. The signs had my phone number, not the actual phone number of the body shop. When I visited them to complain about their mistake, they didn't care about my problem, and wouldn't fix the signs. So, just like 260Ackley, I started quoting high dollar repairs or deliveries in months. Eventually, the shop fixed the sign after their business fell off.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:04 PM

Default Boy did I do a dumb thing''' Caution

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
I had a similar problem and solution. Years ago, we had recently moved from another state, and got a new phone number. Several times a week we would get a call asking about "prices on body work" or "if my car was fixed yet"? Turns out a local body shop put up new signs/billboards along the highway and there was a typo on their signs. The signs had my phone number, not the actual phone number of the body shop. When I visited them to complain about their mistake, they didn't care about my problem, and wouldn't fix the signs. So, just like 260Ackley, I started quoting high dollar repairs or deliveries in months. Eventually, the shop fixed the sign after their business fell off.
Love it... Bill K
Old 02-19-2018, 11:34 PM

[quote=ramos;266994]As for ignorance in regards to computers and the cyber-world, I reckon I could give anyone on this site a run for their money! [ QUOTE]

No Jon, that title belongs to me as Doug well knows. I had a similar experience that Doug's aware of.....won't to into it here, but you get the idea.

"Never again!"
Old 02-19-2018, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramos View Post
As for ignorance in regards to computers and the cyber-world, I reckon I could give anyone on this site a run for their money!
Sorry Jon, but that title belongs to me as Doug can tell you.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:05 AM

Unfortunately Century Link landline doesn't do Nomorobo, but I tried.