Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2016, 11:45 PM
Supporting Member

I have used the Lyman 1200 DPS II for a number of years. The original configuration was always dead on. I added the speed upgrade about 7 years ago. After the speed upgrade it has a tendency to be 1/10 grain heavy with annoying frequency. I have learned to set it a 1/10 grain low of the desired charge and gently tap the discharge tube to finish the charge. The charge dispensing rate is as fast as I can charge a case, start dispensing the next powder charge, seat the bullet and place it in a box if the charge weight is 10 to 20 grains range. Of course it is slower on the large cases. The only issue that I have had is the failure of two transformers.
rider
Old 12-08-2016, 01:45 AM

I have used the RCBS chargemaster for quite some time and I like it a lot. I agree with one of the earlier post you have to change your procedure so that you're not waiting on the powder dispenser . also the scale dispenser needs to be on a separate counter or bench so that vibrations do not affect its accuracy. Changes in heat can affect the calibration so if you work in a cold environment and then heat it up you just have to check the accuracy or recalibrate no big deal