Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 02-25-2018, 08:28 PM

Question Reloading Software

Folks ,

I'm looking for a program that will allow me to select load data for various cartridges based on a particular use . Ex-recreational target , hunting etc. . Also want to be able to analyze my targets and keep records . I know Quick Load -Reloading Buddy and some others are out there , but since I'm not a Spring Chicken nor a computer professional it is somewhat confusing .
If anyone is using a particular program your input will be greatly appreciated .

I just spoke to Oehler today and they have a program that might do it all . I think it's called Ballistics Explorer . Has anyone used it ?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Soup

Last edited by soup; 02-26-2018 at 04:17 PM. Reason: additional information
Old 02-25-2018, 10:04 PM

I haven't ever seen anything that does all of what you want. So I use and Excel spreadsheet where I record my loads and the results. I scan in my targets and chrony data. I use QL to develop loads and predict velocities.

Good luck.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:19 AM

+1 on what jepp22 said. I keep a load log on a spiral notebook, that records everything I load, and generate an electronic version of it in an Excel spreadsheet. I use that Excel spreadsheet database for load logs and a separate Excel spreadsheet for chronograph data. I use Pivot Tables in both the Excel spreadsheets to keep all the loads and velocity data together and search the data when I need to find something that I did during load development, etc. The chronograph data includes average velocity, SD, number of shots, date, load ID number, etc. If you know Excel, you can probably do the same thing. Hope this helps.

Last edited by TinMan; 02-26-2018 at 12:22 AM.