Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 09-04-2019, 03:19 PM
Supporting Member

Default Politically Correct Gun Shop Advertisement.........

Gotta Love Them Okies......!! And Yes,the gun shop really exists..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3TIxWZd6Zc

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 09-04-2019, 04:19 PM

Not sure BCB if this is a good thing or not. Anti's sure would use it to make us look like raving nuts, along with our firearms. Looks like it would be a good shop to roam around in. Bill K
Old 09-04-2019, 11:29 PM

Location: Blasted hellish frozen Northern wastelands, AKA Minnesota

I, for one, will try to stop by if I ever get down to OK again.

Back when I used to run flat bed semi loads of oil well casing and such to TX, never got to look around OK much.
Old 09-05-2019, 04:04 AM

Thumbs up Ahhhhh......Murf's!!!

Yep.....I've visited the store a few times over the past 30 years, or so. It's a nice place to wander around in.

Heck.......in years past, old friends and I would road trip through Duncan.....to Chickasha for bar-b-que.....and on to Gene Sears in El Reno. Sometimes we'd include the OKC fairgounds gunshow, and browsing visits to Mashburn Arms and Southwest Guns.

Them were THE days.......!!!

Kevin
Old 09-05-2019, 07:46 AM

Never been to Duncan but the other places bring fond memories. Exposure to Mexican food at Casa Bonita across from the 39th street outfit, model airplanes, Edmond Gun Club, Pappy, when most guns were steel and wood, learning that my 700 varmint was no match to the old man's Shilen outfit on the line, growing up even........drove a 67 GTO to work then, had to wear a suit and tie; that changed without later outfits thank heavens.

super days to be sure..............

Last edited by rick w.; 09-05-2019 at 07:51 AM.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:58 PM
Supporting Member

Bill, the anti's think that we are raving nuts anyway, so I doubt that this will tarnish our image with them too much. Being "nicey-nice" and accommodating has got us where we are today. The anti's have not been accommodating or nice with their approach. They simply want to disarm America by any means possible.

Personally, I like the "in your face" approach the guy presents in the video, and it shows the stupidity of where we are today.

-JMO - BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 09-05-2019, 01:58 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Gullette View Post
Yep.....I've visited the store a few times over the past 30 years, or so. It's a nice place to wander around in.

** browsing visits to Mashburn Arms and Southwest Guns.

Them were THE days.......!!!

Kevin
Easy Kevin you are seriously dating yourself, both Mashburn and Southwest have been gone a while.. But I live closer to the city so our trips went backwards to yours. Hit the OKC shops first them Murf's then on down to Bill's in Waurika for catfish done right.

Rick, you are right about Casa Bonita, it was the best Tex-mex ever period - even today I still find myself comparing things to them at times.

Now for Murf's the video may look like we are gun toting nuts but the men and women in the store are super helpful and knowledgeable. I have bought a few toys from there and my son just got his newest crossbow from them last week... yes it was a stop on the way back from eating fish that got us both in hot water with the women -- Me, they didn't know we were sneaking off for fish and he spent money without approval from his minister of finances. But in both cases begging forgiveness is much easier than asking for permission... LOL
Old 09-06-2019, 02:14 AM

Exclamation No way....Jose.....and you guys too!!

If yer talkin' Tex-Mex.....in OKC.....in the early 1960's.......the ONLY place was El Charrito's on Paseo. Great food....in an era when dining out was DINING!!!

Then, on 23rd there was Delorise's Resturant.....great curly-q-fries. And just north of the capital bldg. was Beverly's Chicken-In-The-Rough.

Damn.....I'm gett'in old!!

Kevin
Old 09-06-2019, 09:37 AM

Even some memories being dusted off for this Tarheel, OKC meant Mike Mahoney Center and ATC School for me, Mashburn's was a favorite Saturday haunt and my Marlin 39A came from there. I've seen bigger since but at that time it was a revelation to a small town North Carolina Lad. The Wife and Son loved Casa Bonita, we had nothing approaching that back here.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:57 PM
Supporting Member

Mashburn's was dads #1 hangout so I got to spend many hours there. Actually met a big man with a stinky cigar once (Elmer Keith), he towered over the others there and he was probably the loudest. I know Mr Mashburn was a very soft spoken man as were the others there. One of those boy you forget every word you heard because if your mom hears them we will both get skinned times. I think my buns left a wear spot on the long workbench from setting there listening to the men "disccuss" the world. Bad part was I was young and most of the things I heard just slipped thru my head.

My Hornet and Marlin 39m both came from there as a kid... later on the addiction was fed even farther when I started a real job. Then the Army wanted me... when I got back everything had changed and not so much for the good - that's when I found Southwest Guns.

Kevin if you haven't been to OKC in a while you will be shocked at what the north side of the capital looks like now. All the old landmarks are gone and mostly state/city offices have taken their places. Along with Beverly's there was Ann's Chicken Fry..

We are not old just well seasoned LOL.