Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 05-03-2019, 08:51 PM

Default Browning 1885 Low Wall Hornet Article

Whilst going through some gun room magazines yesterday, I came across one I forgot I had in the stack and thought some here may find it interesting.

Published by Rifle Magazine, their "Varmint Rifles and Cartridges" comes out every year and this issue featured the sweet little Browning 1885 Low Wall in 22 Hornet. This issue is from Spring 2018, but it's probably still about in places.

The article itself does not cover anything new for folks who hang out here, but does give some Hornet loads tested in the rifle and a general description of same.

As can be seen on the cover, there's some other pieces in this issue with a bit more depth. Twist rates for the 204 Ruger and a nice piece on the 17AH being some of them.

As we are all aware, only accurate rifles are interesting, and the example of this little beauty resting in my safe is truly 'interesting'.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:18 PM
Supporting Member

That issue is available through Wolfe Publishing company, cost $10.00 plus shipping. My copy is on the way .
Is it written by Stan Trzoniec? hope not. When it comes to writing articles I always thought that Stan was the best photographer out there, he is good with a camera but he sure seems like a cheapskate with how much shooting he's willing to do in his tests. On further exam I see that it is but it's not a deal breaker cause having just bought the rifle I just gotta have the magazine.
Thanks for the heads-up Rick, now where is Mr. Screaminweasil?
Old 05-03-2019, 10:31 PM

[quote=montdoug;281329]That issue is available through Wolfe Publishing company, cost $10.00 plus shipping. My copy is on the way .
Is it written by Stan Trzoniec? hope not.

Stan wrote this article, you are talking about in that issue. Bill K

Anyone wanting my issue, send a pm, first come first serve and I will send it too you. Give me a mailing address. Bill K

And by the way. I will gone for about 4 hrs shortly, 1530 hrs. so I will check times on any request and then advise if someone PM's me and wants it...

Last edited by Bill K; 05-03-2019 at 10:36 PM.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:45 AM

PM sent

drover
Old 05-04-2019, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
PM sent

drover
Drover: I sent you a PM re: the magazine. Bill K
Old 05-04-2019, 03:00 AM

Danny will get the copy of the magazine, as his time frame beat others that responded.. Bill K
Old 05-04-2019, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montdoug View Post
That issue is available through Wolfe Publishing company, cost $10.00 plus shipping. My copy is on the way .
Is it written by Stan Trzoniec? hope not. When it comes to writing articles I always thought that Stan was the best photographer out there, he is good with a camera but he sure seems like a cheapskate with how much shooting he's willing to do in his tests. On further exam I see that it is but it's not a deal breaker cause having just bought the rifle I just gotta have the magazine.
Thanks for the heads-up Rick, now where is Mr. Screaminweasil?
Ordered one!!
Thanks for the heads up Rick and Doug!
Mine is in my top 3 favorite rifles I've ever owned.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:52 AM

I am thinking that I need to branch out from the Ruger No. 1 to a High Wall/Low Wall

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 05-04-2019, 01:18 PM
Supporting Member

Danny, I’ve beeb saying just admire the ones in the photos and that’s good enough but I’m not sure how much longer I can hold off lol

Seriously my son started a browning collection all with higher end wood. I’d enjoy seeing one in his collection more than mine...
Old 05-07-2019, 10:14 PM

I resisted as long as I could, always admired John Moses Browning. I can now see why these low walls are so popular, they look good and shoot. My Winchester 22 Mag low wall is still in the process of finding a favorite ammo. So far it likes CCI 40GR TMJ the best. Has anyone tried a 50GR load in their low wall? The Browning 22 Hornet and 223 were very accurate right out of the box with my pet loads. I know rimfires are a different animal but trying different loads is half or more of the fun!
Bill