Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Other Forums and Resources > Classifieds

Old 06-18-2020, 03:58 PM

Default Midway sale discontinued Sightron SIII scopes

https://www.midwayusa.com/s?promotio...n-discontinued
Old 06-18-2020, 05:16 PM

Default Fantastic deal

That's a screaming good deal on the 6-24. I wish they had another reticle or some 8-32's listed!

Thanks for posting!
Old 06-25-2020, 02:01 AM

Default Sightron SIII 6-24x50

2 of these scopes just showed up, delivered by a guy in a brown truck. I'm not so wild about the reticle, though it's nothing to complain about. Just a matter of getting used to it. Glass appears flawless. I ordered Burris 30mm Signature rings that came with 2 sets of inserts. Very nice. Yes ... glad I ordered.
Old 06-25-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagelightsmith View Post
2 of these scopes just showed up, delivered by a guy in a brown truck. I'm not so wild about the reticle, though it's nothing to complain about. Just a matter of getting used to it. Glass appears flawless. I ordered Burris 30mm Signature rings that came with 2 sets of inserts. Very nice. Yes ... glad I ordered.
which 2 did you end up with and what about the reticle don't you like? I almost bought one but forgot to go back to the site and finish the order, maybe a good thing

Last edited by SEM; 06-25-2020 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:15 AM

Hi Sem. I ordered I ordered a pair of 6-24x50, with mil-dot because of the price. Lots of people like the mil-dot; I'm just not used to them. But old dogs ought to leave the door open for learning new tricks.
They appear to be really decent scopes, though I've not yet taken them out and run them through all the test patterns and stuff I like to do. They are made in Japan. I believe they have FULLY multi-coated optics, (all optical surfaces, inside and out, unlike many other scopes.) Maybe tomorrow or Saturday. I'm bird-dogging this deal to some other friends too. There are some 6.5-20 (a great formula) and magnifications up to 50x, but these are the deal, for whatever that's worth.