Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-22-2019, 01:42 AM

Trying to absorb some of the info. Though I have not had any issues in the past other than one time Federal came back out with their gold medal brass. The two lots I had were total junk. 223 necked up and FF to 6 and 7 TCU. Upon firing some would snap the necks off and stay in the chamber! Kinetic puller would some times take the neck with the bullet. I ended up holding the cartridge in my hand, put my thumb on the bullet and it would snap off.
These were all annealed and turned into 30x221.

My new rifle is done and ready for the range.
A huge thanks again to Grocmax for his help.
XP action,McMillan stock,Wilson barrel 1-8 twist LV contour, Jewel trigger 6TCU.

I have some WW and LC loaded, both virgin brass. After some reading and thought, am going to slow down and make sure both types of brass FF well. If not I will anneal and then go on.

I have fooled with and shot a fair bit of 6-223/6x45 and 6TCU in pistols in years past. I had a little 6x45 built for a TC carbine and sold it before I really played with it much. The 1-8” twist was not my first choice but is what they had on hand with no wait, Ragged Hole by the way. Ordered and in my hand in about three days, only way that would be any better is to walk across the street.

I have not mastered photos yet, sorry about that. I could email or text to an able type person.

Looking forward to this one and already thoughts on the next one.
Jeff