Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 07-07-2019, 03:10 AM
Supporting Member

Thanks Fatboy for all the info, I will be checking into it.

As of now I have a 717 and the R55 in 17 HM2s and would like another. As luck would have it I was a dummy and sold my 10/17 HM2 weighted bolt kit and the laminated Hornady stock. Got another barrel bolt combo (didn’t even shoot it) and trafedit back to its original owner... (it was for the better, it went to a good home.

There’s nothing much more fun than spring time PD pups and popping them as fast as you can pull the trigger.

Unlike some of the other comments here, my A17 HMR shoots and functions way better than it should for such s cheap ugly gun. I also am thinking about getting
the A22 mag for a lightweight raccoon calling gun. The 597 is way too heavy and the 512 is better but it’s still a wood stock.

I’m not a savage but it’s surprising how many shoot them accurately. I’ve been way more disappointed with the more expensive guns that either don’t shoot or function correctly.

Now get this, I bought a kel-tec 40 cal sub 2000 LNIB. It folds in half and it was ridiculously cheap. I didn’t even want the darn thing... but it followed me home first my son shot it and I was shocked to see what it was doing at 50 yards then my younger daughter shot it and even more shock. Then I shot it (10 lb trigger) and said it’s getting a trigger job then I’ll be happy (NOT, they make all kinds of quality replacement upgrades. So basically I have pretty much the same shooting carbine with and additional $400 worth of up grades... but at least it now has a trigger below 4 lbs. lol oh well I wasn’t ever very good at math... maybe it'll pay off in the long haul lol