Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 04-06-2020, 08:01 PM
Supporting Member

I do like my Kimber, one of the 1911 target variants in 45ACP. Trigger break is akin to glass. Put a set of Pachmayr American Legend grips on it a few years back, it made it feel even better.

The P365 felt good in the hand, functioned well, but for CCW, the last thing I want to worry about, heaven forbid, is that aiming at center of mass will only result in point of impact half way out and then having to keep that in mind and make metal adjustments in a high stress situation.

I had contacted my dealer earlier this year to let him know what was going on with the pistol and how SIG customer service was or rather was not handling the complaint. He advised me that he would get in contact with his SIG rep and pass along the info and my contact details. Crickets.....

For a product that SIG touts so highly, the support behind it, is not there. I keep waiting to see the P365 SAS to be promoted as having a secondary application as being a cure or treatment for Covid-19.

Stay well everyone.

Michael.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to maxscm
Default Sig

I once owned a Sig 22LR Handgun.
Mosquito I think.
It shot basketball sized groups at 5-7 yards.
No matter which ammo was used.
I call Sig and complained.
They said that accuracy was Acceptable for the
Pistol.
I traded it at local GS for a Walther 22LR Pistol
It shoots golf balls at that same distance.
I’m happy now. But lost $$ trading it in ..
Old 04-07-2020, 09:49 AM

My 365XL is decently accurate but I have a fondness for 147 JHP's in my 9's, I keep getting nose down feed jams with them in this pistol, those are a royal pain to clear. So now I'm trying Fed. 124 HST's, this thing is being sold as the answer to every problem, no offense but so far its not making it into my carry rotation.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:27 PM

I prefer/like 147gr bullets in my 9mm's also, but don't have a P365. If you hand load, vary the OAL a bit to see if the feeding will fix the problem. They work great in my P228. I only have only one striker fired pistol, but much prefer pistols with hammers.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeld View Post
Not a Sig, still a bad doings imo.

Month ago Sportsman's warehouse had a flyer in the paper
"spring gun sale" S&W airweight $399.99.
I bought one and some other stuff.

Today's flyer had the same gun: $369.99 grrrrrrrrrr!

I just may not go back, at least not soon.
This was the first time I'd been in the store.

What's your comments?
The store has the right to set prices. You have the right to buy or not buy, or not go back to that store. I’ve done similar things, bought and then the price was lower soon there after. Stuff happens. If went back to that. Store, mAny times.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
I prefer/like 147gr bullets in my 9mm's also, but don't have a P365. If you hand load, vary the OAL a bit to see if the feeding will fix the problem. They work great in my P228. I only have only one striker fired pistol, but much prefer pistols with hammers.
This is the first of maybe 20 9mm Pistols I've owned that doesn't feed 147's, I have Black Talons, Rangers (Black Talons with out the black), Federals and none are liked by this pistol...None. No problem, I own 8 Glock 9's and they eat 'em like a fat Kid eats candy. My EDC is a G43x.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:13 PM

Default P365

Well, at the risk of being the odd man out here, I will say that I have owned two P365’s and have found them both to be excellent concealed carry pistols. My original (without manual safety) went to my son who replaced his G43 with it. My second P365 is one with a manual safety. I concluded that I did not want to carry a pistol with such a light trigger without a manual safety. Purely a personal decision having nothing to do with the functioning, reliability or accuracy of the pistol.

I carry my P365 when my H&K P30SK seems a little too large although both are easily manageable.

Selection of a concealed carry pistol is a very personal decision involving body type, holster selection, comfort with the various action types and a myriad of other factors. We are blessed with an abundance of suitable handguns from which to choose.

While either of my two carry pistols will digest any ammo I have used, I chose my carry ammo based on 100% reliability and information I found at https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/sel...llistic-tests/

There is a wealth of information on this topic at the link above.

Gary

NRA Endowment Life Member