Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Supporting Member

Default Do my British friends need some help?

Around half of the UK's deer population needs to be shot each year to stop extreme devastation to the countryside, scientists claim.
< http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21688447 >
Old 03-11-2013, 08:57 AM

I was aware of that news, but, I'm not holding my breath until they offer free deer hunting to the hunters amongst the general public.
Thanks for posting that MrMajestic,Ken.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:08 PM

I have been trying to establish deer, any deer, on my part of centeral england for over 40 years. I still have maybe 6 on 2000 acres, same as 40 years ago. I have seen Roe deer on my ground which is nice but not for a year or so now.

A
Old 03-11-2013, 03:14 PM

Considering the outcry from the bunny huggers when the idea was mooted to cull a few badgers to try and cut down on bovine TB. I seriously doubt a cull will get off the ground. The bed wetters would sooner see bambi starve to death than allow someone with a rifle to dispatch them.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT17 View Post
Considering the outcry from the bunny huggers when the idea was mooted to cull a few badgers to try and cut down on bovine TB. I seriously doubt a cull will get off the ground. The bed wetters would sooner see bambi starve to death than allow someone with a rifle to dispatch them.
Thats so right and use the law to ensure that nothing happens. It seems we do have more deer now than at any time since the middle ages, but very few where I am !!.

We have a pretty dense population, with millions more coming here next year from eastern europe to take advantage of our benefit system. The deer are getting in the way and causing a few car crashes. Time we stopped all immigration and started sending a few million back to their own country.

A
Old 03-11-2013, 11:41 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycidon View Post
Time we stopped all immigration and started sending a few million back to their own country.

A
They are more than welcome to come here, you know the poor, tired, hungry yada yada yada. Please work though and don't expect handouts! Just heard we gave Trashcanistan $10 billion besides bailing out their bearded, towel head butts! I disagree with paying anybody to like me!

Gotta work on my PC I guess.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:03 AM

Default Free Loaders

Agree w/Alcydin. The same problem in the USA. Way to many immigrants, specially illegal. Once the deportation issue is brought up, far to many politicians say it can't be done and what about the children born in the USA.
If automatic US citizenship were stopped by birth in the US, it would help but all the do gooders & politicans are afraid to touch the issue. Even if a portion of the illegals were deported it would send a mesage to them and hopefully the others would follow. Last I heard on national TV was that 26% of the illegals had no intention of becomng US citizens. Why not ... as long as they can get all the freebies at taxpayer expense. Some time in the future when we get a decent President things may change but until then nothing wll change. One can only hope & pray. At my age I doubt if I will ever see that day. Sad to think the USA is headed down ward.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:15 AM

That's a very generous offer, but the fact is we're perfectly capable of making a right pig's ear of the situation all on our own. Sadly, nothing is going to happen because nothing is going to change.