Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2014, 02:10 AM

Default Educate me- CZ452-2E Zkm

Stopped at the Exxon Station in Salmon this morning to get gas. Browsed the used gunrack and saw a hang tag marked 17HM2 and had to look at that closer.

It is a CZ452-2e ZKM. Nice clean little gun. Not a lot of wear. Has a classic pattern stock not that ugly slopped European hump back stock.

It looks like a $275 gun so I moved over to the dark side plunked down the cash and for the second time in two weeks bought a gun that isn't a Martini.

So educate me on what I got guys.

The Magazine is marked .22LR, any problems with 17 HM2 ammo feeding in that mag.

Scope rings-the top is grooved. Is this a special groove or will standard .22 groove top rings work?

Last edited by Double D; 04-25-2014 at 02:29 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:24 AM

Should be a CZ452 American in 17M2. A picture would help. I don't have one, but like most CZs, they are usually very accurate. They stopped production of the 17M@ rifles a couple of years ago. The rings might be either standard 3/8" grooves, but some are 11mm, depending on model and year.

It should look like this though:

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-452-american/

You should be able to download a manual fromthe website.

Start looking for 17M2 ammo now and stock up when you can find it. It is usually hard to find.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:37 AM

On the barrel and action is a proof mark and the number 08--is that year of manufacture?

Ammo is not an issue for me---I have 10500 rounds. Since 17HMR is now my primary gopher cartridge so I am only shooting about 500 round of HM2 a year.

Last edited by Double D; 04-25-2014 at 03:00 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:26 PM

The 08 is the yr of mfg. What you have is one of the best shooting rifles you can get. CZ did in fact discontinue making them 2 or 3 years ago. Last spring, our CZ rep called me and said he found 5 of the M2's in the warehouse, and wanted to know if we wanted them, of course I told him we did, and he sid that's good, because I sent them to you yesterday......a few of our 17 cal customers like them a lot. I think we still have a couple left....FIFW, you purchase of it at 275 was a steal! Congrats! I personally have two of them in just exactly what you have, and a 54 and a 64 Annie.....the CZ's shoot just as well as the Annie's..and for some reason, I seem to shoot the CZ's a lot more....
Steve
Old 04-27-2014, 04:15 AM
Supporting Member

Default choices

I had a Cooper and a CZ in the HM2 and there was no dicernable difference in accuracy between the 2 so the Cooper found a new home. $275 is a humdinger of a deal for a used CZ, a guy might want to stop by that gun rack more often. SX
Old 04-27-2014, 06:51 PM

Recently picked up this '04 model NIB from a dealer in Fla. for $360 to the Greensboro airport, silly accurate is about all I can say for them. I use Warne 7.3 22 rings with mine as they will work with either the odd ball CZ 3/8's or 11mm.

First day at the range in a 15g25 wind no group over 1/2 inch at 50 yards and when I was patient enough to wait out the wind several 3/8's inch groups were shot. I have its younger brother in a Maple stock as well.

Takes talls to clear the oversized objective on a Nikon 3-9x EFR.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:18 PM

[/quote]

gerald
you need to send this to me call and i will get a copy of the ffl to send it to
thanks
kerry
Old 04-27-2014, 09:08 PM
Supporting Member

Default dove tails

If it's an American, ie straight Classic stock it should have 3/8".
Old 04-27-2014, 09:31 PM

Great buy on that Mach 2. I absolutely love mine and I paid much more than $275 for it. I think you will be very happy. I would love to find another to keep as a back up.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:24 AM

Haven't got around getting a good scope for this rifle yet, but decided I'd stick a Simmon Prosport 4-12 A/O on it just to shoot. Bought 4 off those scopes last year to stick on trading stock.

Took the gun out with us yesterday. Gopher shooting was a bit slow so I set the target frame at 25 yards to sight the scope in. Sitting in the front seat of the truck leaning out the window over the the mirror fired three shots, came up 16 clicks and then went gopher shooting.

Fired 13 straight shots at gophers before I got a miss.

Fired 56 rounds, 5 misses- 4 at the same gopher, 4 doubles for total of 49.

I still believe my HM2's are more accurate than my HMR.

Sure odd shooting a bolt gun at gophers, don't think I have done that for 10 years.

I'll put this CZ in the same class as the my Martini's accuracy wise.

Last edited by Double D; 05-27-2014 at 04:27 AM.