Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 08-23-2014, 05:31 AM

Not so long ago a celebrity cheff was on telly about cooking wild game and was asked if he had eaten red fox he stated i have tried to cook it every way i can but it still tastes like s**t.
I believe him so wont try it myself.
Wally
Old 08-23-2014, 09:24 AM

AzSam all the food in NZ is great and you are right all chocolate is not created equal. A friend and I spent nine days in May this year duck and goose shooting in the south island of NZ. We met up with Kiwi while there and he put us onto the best take away food place in Christchurch. The Bluff oysters were simply to die for.
Pete
Old 08-24-2014, 01:06 AM
Supporting Member

I used to live in Alexandra (where the Easter Bunny Shoot is held) but that was before the virus was introduced. Back then I could go out with a 22WMR for a 1/2 hour walk and come back with 20 or so rabbits.......great eating.
In some places back then (usually the protected places for TV viewing) you could literally see the hill move with rabbits.......I really enjoyed those times.

We had a friend come and stay and we tried to talk them into trying rabbit...no way was their reply. So we fried up some rabbit for them and called it home made Kentucky fried chicken.....they loved it and wanted more until someone said it was rabbit

Can't understand why the didn't want more since they enjoyed it....Kiwi
Old 08-24-2014, 01:37 AM

Default OT-Whole foods angers

Kiwi.. It is all in the mind I have done the same thing with some that just would not touch, such in such Did just like you did, made a dish up and they never ate such good food i.e. porcupine or what ever and would not believe me when I told them what it was in fact. Bill K
Old 08-24-2014, 05:08 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Some of the things and jokes I've been in on will choke you guys up so
set the drinks down before reading further.

Old rancher I spent summer with in the high country with. Out cutting firewood we saw lots of pine squirrels. next day I took the .22 out and a gunny sack. It was half full. You should have seen his reaction when I dumped 'em on the table and out fell elk backstraps too~! The squirrels were breaded n boiled, mighty good eats, same as he fixed fresh caught brookies, skinned n breaded.

Alice, a guide camp cook that got killed a few yrs ago in a car wreck told me for the newbies she'd fix up frosting covered horse apples. Then back off far enough to watch the reactions. "Alice this tastes like SH---T" I'd just about kill the cook over that one. Claimed she did it at least once every elk season to the dude's that had never been there before. The old guys that knew would pass the dudes the dish first and sit back sipping coffee.

Just the other night read on A/R about the camp cooks making a guy an elephant dung cake for his birthday.

I'll quit, give you time to settle down now, haha!~

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"

Last edited by georgeld; 08-24-2014 at 05:10 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:43 PM

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals!
Old 08-26-2014, 11:31 AM

Default Confession time

The good wife, my youngest daughter and myself, have just finished consuming the greater part of 4 young rabbits for dinner, consumed with the greatest of gusto. We may be heathens but we love being heathens.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:34 AM
Supporting Member

Rabbit --The original "fast food".

We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do great violence on our behalf. -- George Orwell