Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2017, 03:17 PM
Supporting Member

Interesting on the hinged Berry's. I probably haven't purchased a new Berry's in maybe 15 years.

Even the Flap style MTM's are, for me, no Bueno once I accidentally bought some of the real hinged MTM's. It's like when I bought my first Jewell trigger, that first buy on both cost me $$$, lol.

Allen
Old 01-27-2017, 04:41 PM
Supporting Member

My 3D printed inserts for the MTM 20 round, belt loop, flip top cases mean that my 17hh rounds no longer rattle whether they're fired or not.

I find this size easier on the pockets when I'm walking round rather than the 50's.

Last edited by MickMiller; 01-27-2017 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:12 PM

Nice idea, Mick.
Wish I needed to carry that many rounds when walking about. I can get by with just one, and most time bring that one home unused!
I have couple those cases and need a screw driver to open 'em, the clips are that strong.
Ken.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:44 PM

The Berry boxes arrived yesterday. Filled one up with loaded rounds and one with empty brass. Did the roll-over test and the brass all stayed in the pockets.

These Berry box 404's are just about perfect for my application. They still have to go to the field and see if they work there.

I am so pleased, that I am think on ordering some more, now instead waiting for next year.

Thanks Gentleman for the tip!
Old 02-02-2017, 08:34 PM
Supporting Member

Default empties

I shoot my hornets all single shots with the Calhoon adapter so I just put the spent case in the seldom used ashtray.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:46 PM
Supporting Member

Default cases

The MTM cases I like the best are for handgun ammo P100-44 is the size that holds hornet rounds perfectly
Old 02-02-2017, 09:07 PM
Supporting Member

You are correct Super X, I was just moving my ammo to my " Skippy shooting box" and realized I am using the 100 round 44 mag-MTM's for my 17HH ammo. I love the good hinged ones, and return the spent brass in the box face down on a hit, standing up on a miss, but they do flop out of their holes if not careful. I actually now have a clicker on a small wooden block to keep track of kills, I think last years trip was almost 900, and I know Michael hit more than I until I found my gun was hitting 1" left.

I just put 5 of the dual colored ones in my order box, I have labeled my son's CZ as the red box ammo, my gun is the blue box ammo, and I need a 3rd color for a 17 Ackley that I need to put back in the skippy loop.

Allen