Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Tribute to fallen members

Old 01-22-2018, 04:39 PM

Okay gents. That makes two (that we know of) mighty fine men that have gone on to greener pastures this Winter. Let's call it good for awhile and the rest of us just stick around for a bit.

Kenny made Cooper screws that are better than Cooper screws! Enjoyed his posts and the book that he sent me that was a collection of his brother's writings. His brother being local to me.

Kenny, God Bless you, man!
Old 01-22-2018, 05:03 PM
Administrator

I second that Ramos...
Old 01-22-2018, 05:39 PM
Supporting Member

Thanks for the sticky, charlie.......

Kenny was indeed a talented man and a very good man..........

Kenbro..... I guess the bee had already stung.........

Not to beat the same drum again, but does anyone know anything about trotterlg (Larry Trotter)? Any idea where he was from? There doesn't seem to be anything in his profile to indicate where he lived.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 01-22-2018, 06:58 PM

Larry doesn't seem to be a hard guy to find, he is on a few sites on the net. Pretty smart fella.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:03 PM

Send a message via MSN to 17rimfire

Sorry to hear this... I never met Kenny in person but did talk over the phone and emails.. he helped me a lot with CZ parts and gave me a lot of information about how to do things with them.. he sent a bag of parts once and wouldn’t take any money for any of it, truly a generous man and I’ll miss his posts and wealth of knowledge. RIP you will be missed..
Old 01-22-2018, 07:13 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotespotter View Post
A Larry Russell Trotter passed away Oct 31,2017. South Carolina.
I saw that yesterday but I have no idea if that is him, so I never posted anything about it. And I always thought that the lg in his user name trottrelg were his initials, but not certain of that either.

In my mind he lived somewhere in the western US.

-BCB

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

Last edited by Bayou City Boy; 01-22-2018 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:52 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld
Default Pictures posted by Charlie above

Believe you guys will recognize Kenny's. I took that when we were bsing the afternoon he got to my place. The other one is of me back when I was 30.

Thanks for posting them Charlie.

Coyote spotter: That's NOT Larry Trotter from here. Yes, Larry G. Trotter.
His main place is in Washington state. Seems like Puyallup sounds familiar. He spends winters in AZ somewhere. I sent him some take off barrels a couple years ago. Then needed one of 'em back. Sent it right to the barrel maker for me. Refused postage. Another great member we're blessed with here. There's months go by when I don't hear from him, but, we're not real penpals either.

When I built the NEF 17 VR and had problems getting it working he said to send him the barreled action. Fixed it up for me. Said it took a lot of hours tinkering but, only asked for about $30 and said: "don't send more".
Then even though it chambered and fired. Nearly every case split the shoulders. Paul Rogers was on here hard at the time and I sent it to him to ream the neck out. I very much miss Paul. Think he just got busy at work and dropped off.
Another one I don't see much of: Mark D, in Childress Tx. I bought the reamer from him.

Those stock blanks behind Kenny in that picture came from Mark Pinkston/kalua, he's in Portland, ORE, I think. Don't recall seeing him posting for quite awhile either. I know he's been fighting health problems several years too.
I just sent both Larry and Mark an e'mail asking them to let us know how they're doing.

Sure hope our "Lost Members List" hasn't grown more than we know about.
This year sure seems like the dying year already. 9 I know of have cashed in so far, two on the board we know of. *Note: Mikie: cousin's hubby west of you is one.

Thanks to everyone for their posts on these threads. I'm very sorry to bring such sad information to the front. Yet it's mighty important that we all know. Right?

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"

Last edited by georgeld; 01-23-2018 at 04:55 AM. Reason: typo's mostly
Old 01-23-2018, 04:09 AM
Supporting Member

Thanks again, George......... Take care.

-BCB

Old 01-23-2018, 06:39 AM

So sad to hear of this. Godspeed, Kenny.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:02 AM

God's Peace to his Family and Friends.