Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Tribute to fallen members

Old 04-05-2018, 02:10 PM
Supporting Member

Default Sad to Hear

Bill was a great man,
I didn't know him real well till he bailed me out on short notice, sold me a 17 Fireball, sold me a bunch of original ammo to get going at a very reasonable price, and treated me like a old friend even though we lived many miles apart.
Rest in Peace Bill and may the peace of God be with the family during this difficult time.

Stan
Old 04-05-2018, 06:18 PM

A gentleman through and through and a great mentor........RIP Bill
Old 04-06-2018, 07:26 PM

Bill was a true Gentleman and a Gentle man. And a talented inventor.
He was a good friend to me and was generous, not only with his knowledge, but also with material things. Many of my projects wouldn’t have been completed without help from Bill.
At times, it seemed like he had his own Shipping system that didn’t get caught up with officialdom.
I will miss him.
Rest in Peace Bill. Condolences to Catheron and the Boys.
Ken.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:40 PM

I have a 221 Fireball project and bought some Brass and bullets from him the deal was for 500 new brass and 200 bullets and the CZ Carbine Barrel he was selling so the box arrives and there's 500 new brass 200 once fired Brass and 1500 Bullets for the fireball in various Brands and weights I couldn't believe the generosity. I have many hours of Text's with Him as recent as March 12th and had no Idea there were any health problems I had an endless string of questions about the 221 FB He always answered my questions. You will be missed my friend. Keith
Old 04-10-2018, 06:04 AM
Supporting Member

Bill was great like that...always under promised & over delivered. Btw, he past away one week to the day after you recieved your text.

....ZBROJOVKA.......BRNO
Old 04-10-2018, 06:26 AM
Supporting Member

Hey Folks,

Last week, my 2 teenage boys & I spent the afternoon, dinner & evening with Catheron. We spoke of this forum among many things & she was touched by all your all's kind words. She asked me to thank you & relay a message.

"Bill really enjoyed all the guys on the forum. I was happy that I was married to Bill and that he had positively touched so many people in his life! What else could we possibly hope for? Thank you."

....ZBROJOVKA.......BRNO
Old 04-15-2018, 03:04 AM

Dang.....I can't believe this. Prayers for his family. Man.....im in shock.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:08 AM
Supporting Member

Default We were blessed to have known him.

So sorry to hear of the passing of a great forum friend. Over the years we talked on the phone a lot and as others have referenced, he was a truly fine and genuine person. He knew my likes and dislikes in small caliber stuff and would often call me when he got serious thinking about moving certain rifles or components. Over time, I, as did others on here, purchased several rifles, and various types of brass, dies and components etc. from Bill and he always went out of his way to assure that I had received a "better deal" then we had agreed on. A couple times he sent me more of a certain type brass that he found he had several months after a sale because he knew I could use and would want them.

They don't come any better then Bill. I'm thankful for having known him and my condolences to his family for their great loss. It was his time. RIP William Oviatt....... Jim
Old 04-18-2018, 12:00 AM

Send a message via MSN to 17rimfire

What a shock...I just spoke to Bill on the phone in later February.. we discussed the 17 garin for quite some time and I ended up buying his stash of 17 cal bullets and 30 carbine brass... he was a great knowledgeable man that shared his knowledge freely... he had such a passion for guns and reloading.. this really saddens me to read this news...such a loss to the community here..rest easy Mr. Oviatt... my thoughts and prayers to the family..
Old 04-19-2018, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOU View Post
Hey Folks,

Last week, my 2 teenage boys & I spent the afternoon, dinner & evening with Catheron. We spoke of this forum among many things & she was touched by all your all's kind words. She asked me to thank you & relay a message.

"Bill really enjoyed all the guys on the forum. I was happy that I was married to Bill and that he had positively touched so many people in his life! What else could we possibly hope for? Thank you."
Thanks for the update TOU. Are you in the Brigham City area by chance?