Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 12-07-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmg View Post
Finally at 60 after blowing a bunch of money on small calibers, I swear they reproduce, I found something just as bad or worse, pcp air rifles. Feel like a happy broke kid though.
I had to put mine away, I have to many other supplies that need using up first.Though they are way less work to reload for and can be used in the house... NO wife to say NO.... almost bought another tank the other day may have to now
Old 12-07-2018, 03:37 PM
Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ae35gunner

Turned 76 Nov 8th. No replacement parts yet...all original equipment except for missing appendix and gall bladder. I am a bladder cancer survivor in complete remission. My thanks to God for His tender mercies, unworthy though I may be!!!
Old 12-08-2018, 02:14 AM
Supporting Member

Wow, nobody said that they were 74, so I will. Noted that a lot of us are November babies, 11/10/44 for me. Marine Corps b'day,too. I wasn't Marine, Army armor. Thanks for all the great information on this site and meeting a few other members. Have a Blessed Christmas everyone! Tom.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:42 AM

Sweet Jesus, it’s the retirement home in here!

Just kidding boys. 45 years old. I am glad to be amongst all this wisdom.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:33 PM

OK, OK, OK If you all are going to admit your age then I guess I might as well. 72 years old last April. Funny thing is that until I turned 33 I always felt that I would not make it past 32???
Old 12-09-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae35gunner View Post
Turned 76 Nov 8th. No replacement parts yet...all original equipment except for missing appendix and gall bladder. I am a bladder cancer survivor in complete remission. My thanks to God for His tender mercies, unworthy though I may be!!!
Good point there gunner...wonder how many that have posted their age have still got all they were born with.
Come on guys, cough.
Ken.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbro View Post
Good point there gunner...wonder how many that have posted their age have still got all they were born with.
Come on guys, cough.Ken.
Well Ken, I'll admit that when I'm in the VA with other vets, we've joked that "we've got enough titanium in us to start production on an F22!"

In all, 29 surgeries removing/replacing stuff I wish I still had. Upside: I'm still here.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbro View Post
Come on guys, cough.
Ken.
I have extra parts, 5 stents and a suite at Kaiser, well at least I should after all the money I've spent there. awhile back 2020 seemed impossible, sure I would never make that, that was back in the 70s when those thoughts happened just seemed to future now its just a year away
Old 12-09-2018, 09:26 PM
Supporting Member

Added and subtracted parts, now that's a typical thing for old guys to talk about . I'm mostly missing things, right clavicle, about a fifth of the left side of my neck and the two malignant tumors that were making a home there 19 years ago. A fine neck surgeon evicted them permanently, Thank you Lord.
I do have the addition of a small approximately a third to half of an inch stent in my right vertebral artery in the back of my head. It was put there after the left vertebral artery dissected and showered out 5 clots into the cerebellum of my brain (what there is of it ). Yupper 5 strokes over a week or so in early 2005. For what it's worth when I asked who was supposedly the number 1 Doc in the neurology dept at Mayo in Min. about doing a stent in the right artery that was clogging he stated that "The team at Mayo strongly believes that were they to attempt a stent, because of all the radiation damage to my vascular system while killing tumors in my neck the artery would collapse and the results would be grim". Doctor talk for dead. Basically they told me with their motto being "Do no harm" I should go home and get my affairs in order nothing they could do.
I was home a couple weeks when my neurologist in Billings called me and said St. Vincent's in Billings had just hired a real Hot-Dog young neurosurgeon came up from Dallas and my guy wanted him to look at all my stuff. I had nothing to loose so I said fine. A couple days later this Hot-Dog I'd never met calls and said "I've seen your workup from Mayo and I totally disagree with em", Ya sure don't hear a Doctor say that very often.
This volume I've written here is for those of you that have mentioned our Lord in their recovery. Not to go all Billy Graham on anyone cause every one has a right to believe what they believe....But, while I'm sitting around the house saying my good-bye's to folks The Good Lord says "not yet" and brings this guy up from Dallas. He threaded that stent through the right femoral artery in my groin up into the right Vertebral artery in the back of my head. I showed up at 6:00AM one day, he did about an hour and a half procedure, kept me in ICU that night and about noon the next day he comes in and tells me I can go home but take it real easy for the next couple a days. I asked him about what I can do after that and he says "I don't know, got any hobby's or yard work that needs done? I'll bet your wife can find some tasks for ya to do" . That was in the fall of 05. Thank you Lord.

P.S.
On one a the strokes I went completely blind for near a day and a half, I know when a guy starts telling ya it's getting dark and he's lost his vision he's likely headed to his forever home. On the way to the hospital I didn't have my life pass in front of my mind, all I could think about was my rifles. Honest truth, no kidding . Crazy!
For 5 strokes I sure got it a lot better then you'd think, Thank you Lord. I spend a lot of my time thanking God cause I'm sure unworthy of all the blessings he's bestowed on me.
Here's wishing good health and happy lives on everyone here and all those they care about.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:37 PM
Supporting Member

Default Combined we are REALLY OLD!

One last thing. My math skills stink but in a fit of boredom I tallied the total years of all who posted so far and if my math is anywhere close this fine group adds up to 5,647 years . Average age is 61.4 years for the 92 who posted. Only a seriously retired guy has the time to add all those numbers together. 5,647 years, lotta dead vermin in that many years .