Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2019, 08:38 PM

Beautiful stock on that CZ. I just discovered CZ a couple of years ago when I bought a 17 Remington in the 527 Varmint. I wish I would have discovered them 15 years ago. I really like the rifle.
I have always been a Remington 700 (older ones) guy so the magazine was a little foreign to me at first but I bought an extra one and found when I am out running and gunning when calling coyotes that I really like just being able to pop out the mag and pop the other one in.
That being said, I have a pristine Remington 722 Deluxe in 222 that I don't shoot much but every time I get it out I fall in love with it and the caliber all over again. In fact, I might just get it out again this weekend after reading your post!
Old 08-09-2019, 03:51 PM

That's purdy! I prefer single shot bolt actions in general for varmint rifles, my L461 aside.
Old 08-09-2019, 05:51 PM
Supporting Member

CZ makes some more streamlined box mag guards, but this one looks more like DIP Products. Can't find it on the DIP website so maybe not or it has been discontinued; might look on ebay, too. Really streamlines the looks of the rifle.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:51 PM

Thanks all.
In case anyone wondered.........I did bed the tang and trigger guard. The inletting was a sort of dissaster when I received the stock. The rear tang area had atleast 1/4" gap from making any wood to metal contact. Thus, I bedded the "front half" first and went back to bed the tang/trigger guard. The stock is beautiful, but up close you can definitely tell it was "hand inletted" and hand finished, by someone other than a "professional". Much like my bedding job, it'll get the job done. It's going to get scratched/nicked/dented anyway and the price was right.................!!!!!

Thanks to the thunderstorms today, I was able to make it to the range. 70 degrees is very welcome and so is the rain. I loaded up some 40gr Nosler Varmageddon Tipped bullets over H335 and she's a shooter. I just ran 26.5gr and 26.3gr to test as the last time I shot this rifle was in 40 degree temps with 26.5gr being Very, Very, Accurate with a 40gr Hornady Zmax....(I don't have anymore of those bullets). I have shot the 40gr Varmageddon before in other rifles and it's usually very, very, accurate. I believe with a little tweaking, closer to 26.0gr and I'll have my bugholer. 26.5gr Loads were slightly larger 1/2" to 3/4"......so going down in charge weight seems to be the right direction at this point.

Good start none the less..........

She sure is a handy little critter..........

Last edited by Screaminweasil; 08-10-2019 at 12:20 AM.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:59 PM

HEY Montdoug..............Where's your Mexi CZ 222? Have you shot the darn thing yet since the last time......??