Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Bullet Making

Old 11-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Supporting Member

Default Die Maker and Gunsmithes

When A Gunsmith says one month , means six monthes! Guess a Die maker is double that! But setbacks do happen in the metal business. I've waited 4 years for A custom gun, just part of the game...then it arrives...then you get to play with them, and really cherish it! Pete
Old 05-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Supporting Member

Default Lead Wire

Bughole,

I've just acquired 6 rolls of .375 (3/8) diameter lead wire. These rolls probably weigh 20 to 30 lbs each. do you know anyone who may be in the market for it?

Thanks for any insight you can give me.

Bruce
Old 05-25-2009, 01:36 AM

Sorry I don't know, but might suggest perhaps some sites that do more with handguns.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:23 AM

I am sure glad I came across this post on Richard I to have decided to start a bullet company mainly large caliber. I like the looks of both Corbins equipment but when it comes to any business venture I have very little patients. The reality of any business is cash flow so time is money. I believe I can build the hydra swaging press here in my shop but I will have to order out for my carbide dies. I cannot imagine dealing with anyone with slim to none communications. I have always kept to my timeline if time got tight I always hired more and worked more and turned work away as a last resort. But never mislead your customers no matter how good your quality is.
Thank you for this thread I could have sold myself short.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:30 PM

Stormrider...good luck on your shop. If you need carbide dies, and want to work with a guy who knows what he's doing, does what is right by you, does impeccable work, doesn't over charge you and does what he says when he says, consider Dave Detsch. Here is a link to his site...http://diemaker.us/

BTW, I just got back from my first Super Shoot at Kelbly's. I took 12,200 bullets to sell. I reduced them from $.30 ea. to $.25ea. I came home with 1,600. I gave out a hat with each sale. I took 10 dozen $15 hats and came home with 3 hats. Ball park figures tell me that 117 shooters bought 10,600 pills for $2650. I thought that was pretty darned good, first time out of the shoot.

Next is the Western PA Groundhog Match and Northeastern VHA Match in PA, The VHA Jamboree in South Dakota, the IBS Nationals and Long Range Groundhog World Championship in PA and a few local shoots in Indiana and Ohio. Their shooting 'em faster than I can build 'em!

Bughole
http://PrecisionBallisticsLLC.com
Old 05-30-2009, 01:01 PM

Thanks Bughole for the heads up I have started building my press prototype and the hydra system is on the way. With the auto industry failing and living in Michigan most tool makers are out or going out of business so I am checking with a few to see if they would build my dies. I will get a hold of Dave it will resolve some immediate issues.

Thanks again I keep you up to speed.