Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 11-14-2011, 10:08 AM

Default G'day from camel

G'day folks,

Just dropped in to introduce myself to you mob, have been following saubier for a while now, just looking and learning. Was recommended to come on here by johnno after chatting with him for a while on another site here in Australia.
I am a professional rabbit shooter here in western New South Wales, and I shoot for human consumption, usually three nights each week.
I have been involved in shooting and hunting for 35 or so years, and relaoding for about 30 or so. At the moment in small game cartridges have been playing around with a Brno ZKW465 5.7mm Johnson. Only picked it up last june, so havent had much time to get it going properly. Another project I have just started on is converting an abused Zastava M85 in .223rem. I think they have been marketed over there by Remington under a model 799. They had a few other names as well. Made in Serbia. I am thinking of making it into a 17 something or other, or maybe a 20/222.
Anyway Ill drop in every now and then to see whats going on, and maybe get some information along the way.

See you all later

camel
Old 11-14-2011, 10:20 AM

Default Welcome camel....

With JOHNO guiding you on small cal stuff you'll have to shoot rabbits 7 nights a week to keep up with with "The Habit"!
If you are planning on a 17 in the future, you know what everyone here will recommend to you...Might as well just start collecting components for a 17 Ackley Hornet on that 799 of yours!
Again, welcome!
Bill
Ooops! Did not see the 799 is a 223....Darn! Gonna have to get a Hornet to convert. See! You're already having to spend $s!!!!
Sorry!!!

Last edited by william t. oviatt; 11-14-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Supporting Member

Welcome! We look forward towards your posts.

Eric
Old 11-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Supporting Member

Welcome about mate, great place, great people.

Every time you get an idea about buying or building another rifle. Just ask for advise & the wise old grey beards here will advise you to go slowly, think it through carefuly, do you really need to spend the money?

Thats funny johno

Johno
Old 11-15-2011, 12:15 PM

Default welcome aboard.

it is enjoyable to have experience from around the world and i do enjoy hearing how others are using the small calibers in their hunting endeavors, whether rabbits or coyotes. hope you continue to find a lot of useful information and friendship.