Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 06-08-2018, 11:28 AM
Supporting Member

It all started with buying a pound of AA7 at scheels lastnight when the salesman (an engineer who works part time there for the fun of it) and I got to visiting about wildcatting.

Seems he has an addiction for belted magnums like the 6.5, 300 and/or 350 Remington Magnum. Especially fond of the Remington 600 rifle.

Well that got me to thinking about the 20 Derner but I couldn’t remember the parent case was until I looked it up here and then remembered it was the 30 Remington which I don’t think was ever produced in the 600?

Any how it brought back some very found memories as well as a awesome 20 caliber wildcat.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:54 AM
Supporting Member

Gary as neat as that round looks I think my advancing quest for easy and frugal to work with wildcats would keep me from paying a buck or more a stick for the .30 Remington brass....When a guy could find it that is, way to lazy any more to make it .
I gotta thank you for posting that picture though. Just one look at that .20-250AI makes me realize what a laid back easy on the throat round my .20 Dasher actually is at 4,210FPS with a 40 V-Max . That's not leaning on it at all either.
.20 VarTarg, .20 Killer Bee, .20 Tactical, .20BR, .20 Dasher.

P.S.
If ya see Doug tell him I said Howdy !!
Old 06-11-2018, 11:39 PM

how is ballistic bullet look nice
Old 06-13-2018, 03:35 AM
Supporting Member

Ha! Not me Doug lol of course I’ll throw that line out there but I shoot way too many to let a little thing like that get in the way of common sense CCMs, 5 mm mag cf and rf plus several mid size 27s that start out in life as a 357 max. Although I’m well , I’ve been told even Bee brass is starting to be hard to find.

Thst said I’m not running out to build one. Sometimes get more satisfaction and appreciation just seeing someone else thinking outside the box instead of doing the same thing as all the rest of us. The Old Redneck is another fine example where he work just amazes me!