Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Other Forums and Resources > Classifieds

Old 06-19-2018, 03:04 AM
Supporting Member

Default Cooper 22 CCM, 17 CCM, 17 CCM short with lots of extras

If anyone is interested I will be putting a cooper model 38 up FS with all the extras.

The model 38 has a S/N of DLC21 (Dan L Cooper) and has Talley rings/bases. It left the Cooper Arms as a 17 CCM repeater and found it’s way to Texas before arriving in Nebraska with a fitted 22 CCM barrel and an extra 17 CCM barrel and then it mysteriously became a factory single shot (according to coopers records.

Ray H and I ran into Dan at the 2009 shotshow about the time he was selling out to Wilson (who was with Dan). When I told Dan that I had a DLC 21 single shot he seemed to have a twinkle in his eye and I felt there was more to the story but maybe not?

It also came with RCBS 17 and 22 die sets and a shell holder as well as some 17 CCM brass. Included is an additional SH that I had made at Hornady (you’ll never use the pos RCBS once you use the Hornady). There is also a chamber case for both 17s (I didn’t see one for the 22?)

I took the extra 17 CCM barrel and has it made into a short 17 CCM comparable in size to a 17 HM2 as the 17 CCM is to the HMR. My entire goal of that project was to be able to reuse some of the factory brass that split necks. It turned out quite well. And I also had a set of CH4D 17 CCM dies dies shortened made for this project. There are only 45 rounds that I have loaded several times ( I only made brass as a neck would split or if I damaged a case mouth.

The 22 CCM has 150-200 rounds of brass (maybe more, I’m still sorting through it all) and about 1/2 of it is brand new Schroeder brass.

I’m thinking there’s about 600 pieces of 17 CCM brass mostly all Schroeder brass. (Most all of the brass is in 50 round plastic FA 503 containers.

800 rounds of Berger 15 gr varmint match grade moly coated bullets.
400 rounds of Berger 15 gr varmint match grade naked bullets.
1000 17 gr vmax
1000 15.5 gr NTX
1000-2000 17 gr. Prototype original factory HMR HPs (I think prior to the vmax and never released) in the boxes with markings of length and maybe other info? Bulk and just a guess, maybe more?
100 18.6 gr Hammett’s
Maybe 600 or do Genco’s 22.5 gr FB SPs and rebated base HP
Might throw in some Nagles but they are 25 gr open points.
Not sure on quantity but I’ll have a nice supply of lightweight 22 caliber bullets like 30 gr vmax bullets.

I also have an extra small caliber new magazine where Todd kindler was nice enough to publish the 17 CCM short.

It also has a Nikon scope if interested it will be an additional cost.

I’m looking for cash only, no trades of any sort. I’m thinking that I would like to get $3,400 for everything. I’m still sorting through it all but I think this is most of it. Any additional items found will be thrown in on the deal.

I will eventually list this on gunbroker once I have all the pictures taken. If you search here for my user name and CCM, I’m sure you’ll find plenty of photos and information for right now. Serious inquires can ask for email photos.

I have not sold many guns... I’m sort of hoping I have it way over priced so it doesn’t sell. I don’t have it listed per any value other than what it is worth to me. I want to raise some extra money for something important otherwise someone would have to deal with all this after I’m dead and gone.

Last edited by GLWenzl; 06-19-2018 at 03:09 AM.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:19 AM
Supporting Member

oh and I don’t do the pm thing. Only right here or text or email.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:11 PM
Supporting Member

I finally got it listed. I meant to post here that I’d reduce the price to $3200 but I didn’t think that’d make much dufferance anyhow.

Here is the link to more photos

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/777036652
Old 06-23-2018, 04:58 PM

Many gary that is my dream setup. Id love to have it. Id love to have those bullets as well. Heck I'd love to have the replacement barrels. I just can't swing it. On of these days I'll own a Cooper. And hopefully it is in a ccm caliber. Anybody want to buy some of my guns lol
Old 06-24-2018, 09:27 PM
Supporting Member

....spf....