Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 10-10-2017, 12:39 AM
Administrator

Default Pic posting thru USER CP Albums

We've had a lot of people get screwed by photobucket or that don't know how to post pics, so I decided to do a step-by-step tutorial on how to post from the Saubier albums function here on the site. No photo hosting site like photobucket or imagcur needed.

First, at the top left of the screen you'll click on USER CP. You get this screen.

On the left side, click on Pictures and Albums and this screen comes up.

Assuming you have no album (I have 2 in this case), you'll need to click Add an Album, name it, put a short description in the box below if you wish and hit submit. Then click on your album. It's probably empty, until you get a few pics in there. At the bottom, click Upload Pictures and you'll get this screen.

Hit the choose file button to upload up to three pictures at a time. Browse to each one separately then hit upload pictures. In a few seconds this screen comes up. You can rename the pics if you wish, then hit Save Changes at the bottom.

Old 10-10-2017, 12:48 AM
Administrator

After you save the changes, it should take you back to your album. You should see thumbnails of each pic like this.

Click on a picture you want to upload and this screen pops up...

Under the picture, you'll see a box that says Picture URL with a link under it. Select that link (I use the top one ALWAYS). It will highlight. Right click and select COPY.

Next Create a new post or reply to a thread. I usually do this in 2 separate windows. I'll have my Saubier.com album up in one window to upload pics, and open a new window, open saubier.com, then create a new post in whatever sub-forum I want to post in. You can go back and forth between windows to select and attach multiple photos to one post. So, create your new post. You'll see the typical box you enter text in to type. Type your text you want to write and when you want to put in a picture hit the little, square yellow mountain button above the text box (circled in red below).

Old 10-10-2017, 01:45 AM
Administrator

A window comes up with an http:\\ in it that's highlighted. Right click in the box and hit PASTE. Your link should now be in this box. Hit OK.

The link should then be in your text box (where you're typing your post), where you want it with an [IMG] before the link and [/IMG] after it. Continue to type your text and hit submit when you're done. If you want to attach another photo further down, change windows, select your pic from the album, copy the link as above, switch back to your post, hit the little mountain button, paste your link and continue.

Just to add to this, this process works the same on several of these message boards, not just saubier.com. You can also host your photos here and use these links to post pictures to other message boards. But please don't use these albums as your repository to hold all your pictures. Be sure to keep the originals on your pc, phone, tablet, whatever, and don't clog up or use up all the board's bandwidth. Periodically clean out your album of old pictures so there's plenty of space for everybody to share.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:19 AM

Thank you very much for the tips! I'll be taking note of these.
Old 10-08-2020, 06:42 PM
Supporting Member

If you choose the direct link and put that into the little yellow picture square the actual picture will show up. If you choose the BBC code 2nd from the bottom you can paste that direct into the thread, without using the yellow square. Also notice right at the bottom of the list of links, you can pick the size of the picture you want to post.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-10-2021, 11:56 AM
Supporting Member

Could someone help me out and teach me how to do this.

I thought I Follow these instructions and still cannot get an image to appear. TIA
Old 01-10-2021, 12:10 PM
Supporting Member

Default Posting pictures

I just wish there was an icon of a camera you could click on to access your pictures and select what you want from there like an email or text. It would be so much easier. I along with others post pictures often enough to memorize all the steps you need to go through on Saubier. The older you get the more you likely not to remember. It's tough to keep up with technology when you were not raised to use it. Just saying. That's the boat that I am in.
Old 01-10-2021, 12:20 PM
Supporting Member

Thank you and for me it’s not about the technology here but following instructions. I thought I did it correctly per the directions here and although the photos do show up on my screen, they don’t for anyone else.

Was hoping someone could help me figure it out.
Old 01-10-2021, 04:06 PM
Supporting Member

Location: Cardington, Ohio, USA, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Milky Way Galaxy

Gary, your profile says you have 8 picture albums but they are not available publicly. Maybe check out your privacy settings in "User CP" at the top of this page.

In our country the lie has become not just a moral category but a pillar of the State. -- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Last edited by RareBear; 01-10-2021 at 07:55 PM.
Old 01-10-2021, 05:28 PM
Supporting Member

Thank you VERY much You are spot on! I didn’t even think of something that simple... I kept thinking it was me snd not being able to follow the nice easy to follow and laid out instructions. I should be good to go now!