Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 06-16-2019, 04:40 PM

Default anyone shooting w/ NIKON scopes?

Anyone have good/bad experience with NIKON scopes?

I examined the NIKON scopes yesterday @ CABELA's and found the glass to be extremely high quality. I compared it to the Leupold and have to say the NIKON was as good, if not better.
They didn't have the BLACK X1000 6-24x50mm in stock.
The internet has mixed reviews mainly pertaining to the target turrets having close adjustment click spaces ... which might cause minor mis-adjustment in the field. Otherwise, the scope considered very good for tracking, eye relief, and parallax adjustment.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:26 PM

I've got 5 or 6 of the Monarch series, they suit me just fine...……...
Old 06-16-2019, 08:05 PM

I have two Monarchs and one Buckmaster scopes. Optically, they are very good, clarity, contrast, color fidelity, are great. To me, they are slightly better than the Leupold Vari-X III. I looked at a pair Monarch binoculars several years ago, but went with Minox instead. The Minox had better resolution and color rendition, but were more money.

I do not like the Nikon BDC reticle with the little circles. To me, they do obscure small targets like PDs and squirrels. I prefer the duplex/Nikoplex or MilDot reticle to the BDC.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:22 PM

My shooting partner adores the Monarchs. I, being less affluent, gravitate toward the Buckmasters (6x18 dot) and find no fault with them. No experience at all with the newer models.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:14 PM
Supporting Member

Many years ago that’s all I bought was Talley rings and monarch scopes.

Switched over to Leupold for two reasons #1 was the VHR and the second was resale value due to nikons limited lifetime warranty (original purchase only).

I have also had good luck with the Buckmaster with SF. For a cheap scope they do quite well on shorter range rifles.

I haven’t kept up with the newer Nikons (or any scope for that matter)to know much of anything.
Old 06-18-2019, 04:51 PM

Al , a few years ago I Resolution Target Tested every Scope I could get my hands on . The two Scopes that surprised me and performed with Scopes costing much more were the Nikon Buckmaster 6-18X A.O. ( did'nt test the S.F.) and the Weaver G.S. ( 6-20X if I recall correctly ) . I'm with TinMan on the Nikon BDC which I'm not a fan of , and I don't like some of the very thin Weaver Reticles .... as my Eyes need all the help they can get . I only shoot in bright Sunlight and am not a knob twiddler , so those factors are not a consideration . POA shifts are , but I have never had a problem with any of my Scopes for informal Target work .

Last edited by xring; 06-19-2019 at 02:43 AM.