Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Bullet Making

Old 09-19-2007, 12:08 AM

Default WTB Swaging dies in .223

I am looking at getting into swaging and before I order a set of dies and press from one of the Corbins I thought I would check to see if anyone has a set of dies they would be willing to sell.

I would like to swage 80 grain VLD with boattails in .223 so if you have a set of dies that fit the bill and would like to sell me you can respond here or email me direct at

wade at dajanibrown.com

remove at and the spaces and replace with @.

Thanks for your time,

wade
Old 09-21-2007, 10:31 PM

Default 224 bullet swaging dies

For what press are you seeing these dies? Do you have a swaging press already? Are you looking for something for a reloading press? Would you accept parts of what you want instead of a complete setup?

You'll need to provide a little more information before anyone will know what's on their shelf that might help you.

Thanks,

LUP
Old 09-22-2007, 03:15 PM

Default WTB 223 swaging

LUP,

You brought up some good points. I would prefer to set up with a swaging press for making bullets. I have looked at the hand operated presses from the two Corbin brothers and like both the Walnut hill and the Corbin S. If I could find dies that would fit either of these presses that would fit the bill I would buy them and then buy the press.

I would prefer to stick with dies built for a swaging press, but would be open to a full setup built around a reloading press.

Thanks

wade
Old 10-24-2007, 02:49 AM

I don't have anything to sell but I have a Walnut Hill press. Walnut Hill (RCE) press is made to take their dies with a 7/8-14 thread, the Corbin dies use a 5/8-24 thread. You can buy an adapter set from Walnut Hill that will allow you to use the smaller Corbin dies in the Walnut Hill press, I have this adapter set and it works perfectly. You cannot go the other way around, can't put the big dies in the small press. The Walnut Hill will give you more options for collecting dies when on sale.
I don't believe the standard RCE dies would work in a reloading press but they may have a .224 die set that would fit a reloading press. Corbin I believe, does still offer that die set.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Updat

I ordered a Walnut Hill press and dies in 223, a few weeks back.

So I will probably be posting agian after I get going on that, but right now I am waiting for the equipment to arrive.

wade