Old 03-26-2017, 06:39 PM

I thing they breed under my bed.
Now there's more than 1500.

So it has payed off that things with the gobberment takes time
Old 03-26-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeld View Post
Is this batch gone?
Didn't sound like it from reading so far.

Thanks, you shoot these things or pick 'em up?
The Danish Police special forces trains at the range where i shoot, and most often they're to "busy" to "police" their brass after shooting. And magpie as i am i egerly bend over and pick them for others to use.

They have a carpark full of impounded cars ridden with bullet holes just for live fire training. I'll snap a pic or two next sunday.

Theres only one veapon made in that caliber and that is the H&K MP7

The first 600+ went to kenbro in UK and even though i will give more to him for free he said no.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:53 PM

Henri,
There'll be a bolt rifle in 4.6mm cal when I can motivate myself and get the Lilja blank chambered.
Thanks for the brass. Ken.
Ps. Did you try the 17 grain BTs?
Old 03-26-2017, 09:48 PM

Oh yes they're fine and will fly fast.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:35 PM

Kenbro, you have an advantage over me, you have some brass that I pretty much can't persuade an importer here in the land of "the free and the brave" to receive on my behalf as nobody here except for manufactures seems willing to fill out an ATF Form 6.

Chickenthief, you should kind of love those .172 17gr, they are perfection for this cartridge under 200 yards. I don't know how fast you have got them going, but they will hold together at the highest velocities that the 4.6x30 case can launch them.

U.S. ITAR compliance is about as airtight as Monica Lewinskis lips. Nobody is willing to do me the "service", to receive these, so at least I get the feeling of getting blown HA!!
Old 03-26-2017, 10:53 PM

Surely there is an US member here who is an arms dealer and can be persuaded to aid in the import.

As the pot is 1500+ let him have half and you're still golden.
And as time drags on the pile will grow.

If it helps i have a friend in Denmark who is an arms dealer and that might cut some red tape on your pond side?
Old 03-27-2017, 04:25 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

CT:
Don't hold your breath on it. But, I just sent a local
dealer the question on receiving this brass now and then
and cost etc. Will post once I hear back in a day or two.

I told 'em: "likely 1-2000 per"

28th now and no reply yet

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"

Last edited by georgeld; 03-29-2017 at 04:03 AM. Reason: update
Old 04-18-2017, 03:41 PM

Default 17vha brass

Arms manufacturers are the ones with the necessary licence.

Business that make a significant amount of money depend on contractors sticking to contracts to NOT SELL TO NON INDUSTRY manufacturers. This means if you aren't in the "club" you don't get brass or bullets etc.

If you wish to become a member of the club, apply here at the snake river shooting supplies Web portal. They will consider it then decide what you get. Their main marketing representative appears to be Marcus Luttrell, perhaps a vet to vet brotherhood approach may work.

Snake River Shooting Products
http://snakerivershootingproducts.com/manufacturers/

sales@snakerivershootingproducts.com

info@snakerivershootingproducts.com
1390 W. 12th St
Emmett, ID 83617
208-816-8043

If you horn in on their business, (for which they pay a lot of lobbyists to protect), then they think they loose that business later on down the road.

Then there is another way.....

Here is the process. Travel to Country of source, in this case Denmark, place cases (empty unprimed) in your personal posession, go back to airport, fly home wit your haul.

When asked what's in the baggie by the security at the airport, don't be surprised if uniformed folks take a keen interest in your cargo. Essentially you can't do this without being a licensed arms importer.

It is all rigged to keep the little guy out of the business, even if it is just for personal use.

International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is supposedly intended to keep terrorists from potentially doing things like ummm, putting C4 under a golf green on the PGA tour, or making sure police here don't need to expect facing a 14.5mm machine gun in Little Rock Arkansas when pulling over a couple of local punks.

There are good reasons for the laws, unintended and insignificant consequences for you and me are that these cases are not likely to make the pond hop any time soon.

Locally in the U.S. there is a provider of 4.6x30mm cases.
Good luck trying to get some brass from them, I have tried. Perhaps a group purchase might be something that they would do, but that is unlikely they and told me why, but it sounded more protectionist of their own profits than of our collective safety. Bad guys could get a HK MP7 AND RELOAD FOR IT#*#! £=£::€!!! ???

!!!SERIOUSLY??? that made me laugh .The projectiles are not produced for general retail sale, the dies are unobtanium, and we'll then you need knowledge and a lot of reloading equipment, not to mention that HK MP7.

This make me ask just what kind of wonder weapon it actually must be. I did see its terminal performance on tali - ban, and it wasn't all that, until you realize the weapon profile is a little larger than a Ruger Blackhawk 44mag 12".

950rpm, on target. Pistol or rifle mode, supressor 40 rounds per mag under 5lbs fully equipped with sights.

That is in my opinion working on combat injuries for 12 plus years a big step forward in weapons and cartridge development.

http://www.jagemannsportinggroup.com...ings/4-6x30mm/

Jagemann Sporting Group
5757 West Custer Street
Manitowoc
WI 54220
United States
Phone Number:

http://www.jagemannsportinggroup.com...rtingGroup.pdf

Surely one of y'all live near to one of these companies and could at least drop by and have a friendly beer and talk about how to get some brass.

Alternatively just disassemble 4.6x30 Fiocchi ammo as I did or use a 17 Hornet instead.

Last edited by 17tbs; 04-18-2017 at 06:41 PM.