Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 04-02-2022, 05:51 AM
Supporting Member

Location: Cardington, Ohio, USA, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Milky Way Galaxy
Default Is it time to buy?

I suppose quite a few folks around the world noticed the recent increase of demand for firearms and ammunition among Ukrainian civilians and assorted governments.

Will the current commotion in Ukraine cause another buying spree of firearms and ammunition here in the United States? (I sure hope it dies in Taiwan)

Is it time to buy stock in Ruger, Smith & Wesson, Vista Outdoor?

I seem to have a lot more questions than answers today....

In our country the lie has become not just a moral category but a pillar of the State. -- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Old 04-02-2022, 11:18 AM

My 2˘ on firearm and hunting related securities, that boat has sailed a long time ago. The time to buy them was during Trump's term.
Consider the cost of an AR, primers, powder and bullets during that time versus now.
Old 04-02-2022, 12:16 PM

Default To,I got the market, gun stocks

I suspect the political climate will change a lot this November. After that Brandon and his ilk will not pass much legislation for two years. After that, who knows. But I’m guessing a more friendly president after Brandon’s first and final term ( whether he finishes it or not).
Having said all that, in my view, timing the market is usually a game of luck, good or bad. I invest in proven quality stocks and diversify, and hold for the long term, gun stocks may or may not be a part of that. They are not now.
Old 04-02-2022, 01:17 PM

I have had stock in gun companies in the past - never lost any money and made a few bucks… But there are so many variables involved from raw materials to politics that making a big profit seems unlikely. Buy what you need when prices are reasonable and sit through the hard times. Although you may profit from a few desirable guns if you bought at a good price but in the end, guns are not a collectible asset with the idea if getting rich. There are so many other places to put disposable funds that will give a better return.
Old 04-02-2022, 01:22 PM
Supporting Member

It sure is true that in 2021 Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. has surpassed Barak Hussein Obama's firearm sales record by a good margin.

In our country the lie has become not just a moral category but a pillar of the State. -- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Last edited by RareBear; 04-03-2022 at 04:04 AM.
Old 04-02-2022, 01:58 PM

The communist/democratic party has become the greatest firearm sales group, in the history of the Old Republic.
The time too buy is when they are available and you can stock ahead for any further aggression to the USA, by the communist groups, who have centered their eyes on Ukraine at the moment. But will likely spread in the next couple years, with the help from the present communist control in Wash DC.
Old 04-02-2022, 02:19 PM

Long term, invest in Goldman Sachs and J.P. Morgan. No entity knows more about making a profit than the big banks.
Old 04-02-2022, 04:18 PM

I heard somewhere... "inside every "progressive" is a totalitarian screaming to get out". Sounds logical to me, watching askance at the goings on.
Bill
Old 04-03-2022, 04:25 AM
Supporting Member

...and now something to celebrate, 25 states have passed constitutional carry legislation.

Maybe after a political upset in the November election firearm and ammunition prices will deflate a somewhat.

Last edited by RareBear; 04-03-2022 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-03-2022, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
The communist/democratic party has become the greatest firearm sales group, in the history of the Old Republic.
The time too buy is when they are available and you can stock ahead for any further aggression to the USA, by the communist groups, who have centered their eyes on Ukraine at the moment. But will likely spread in the next couple years, with the help from the present communist control in Wash DC.

Refusing to recognize the roll the Republican establishment component plays within the progressive movement is irrational. They are just as committed to advancing the progressive agenda as any Democrat.