Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2017, 08:53 PM

Default 4.6x30 brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzSam View Post
To Chickenthief, if OK with 17tbs. Could I snag a 2-3 pieces for my collection before you ship them off. Happy to cover postage as well. Many thanks, Michael
Michael.. Sent you a PM. Bill K
Old 02-19-2017, 12:37 PM

The snow has melted and the 30-50 i estimated was hiding under it was more like 500. They are in the tumbler now i will count them later.

So either 17tbs is a wery lucky guy or there is brass for another member.
As i see it the smartest is to ship them all together and then when in the US you split them and ship locally. FlatRate is way cheaper than UPS from here.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:07 PM

I lied!
The scale says @420 in batch 2.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:02 AM

Just so some of you may benefit from others digging, here is some (but not all the information) found regarding importing regulations for this particular case.

I have been in contact with U.S. D.O.J. and the folks at D.O.S. concerning the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliance.

Here are the documents and regulatory mumbo-jumbo that will determine the outcome of this effort, and the requirement for an ATF Form 6.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/27/447.11

The key elements that limit the import of these cartridge cases is that they were manufactured for the purpose of use in a machine pistol or machine gun ( regardless of caliber ).

Reference:
CFR

TITLE 27--ALCOHOL, TOBACCO PRODUCTS AND FIREARMS

CHAPTER I--BUREAU OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO AND FIREARMS, DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY

PART 47--IMPORTATION OF ARMS, AMMUNITION AND IMPLEMENTS OF WAR

Subpart C--The U.S. Munitions Import List

Sec. 47.21 The U.S. Munitions Import List.

Category iii--Ammunition

(a) Ammunition for the arms in Categories I and II of this section.
(b) Components, parts, accessories, and attachments for articles in paragraph (a) of this category, including but not limited to cartridge cases, powder bags, bullets, jackets, cores, shells (excluding shotgun shells), projectiles, boosters, fuzes and components therefor, primers, and other detonating devices for such ammunition.
(c) Ammunition belting and linking machines.
(d) Ammunition manufacturing machines and ammunition loading machines (except handloading ones).
Note: Cartridge and shell casings are included under Category III unless, prior to their importation, they have been rendered useless beyond the possibility of restoration for use as a cartridge or shell casing by means of heating, flame treatment, mangling, crushing, cutting, or popping.

ATF FORM 6 GENERAL INFORMATION AND RESOURCE REQUIREMENTS :

General Information

1. An approved ATF Form 6 - Part I (5330.3A) is required to import firearms, ammunition, and implements of war into the United States or any possession thereof, except for certain exempt importations prescribed in 27 CFR Parts 447, 478 and 479. A military member of the U.S. Armed Forces who is on active duty outside the U.S., or who has been on active duty outside the U.S. during the 60-day period immediately preceding the intended importation, should complete ATF Form 6 - Part II (5330.3B) to import sporting type firearms or ammunition for his personal use.

2. Any person engaged in the business of importing firearms or ammunition for resale must be licensed as an importer under the Gun Control Act of 1968 and, if he is importing firearms, ammunition, firearms parts or implements of war (other than sporting shotguns, shotgun shells, or shotgun parts) he must also be registered as an importer under the Arms Export Control Act of 1976. No permit to import such articles for resale will be issued until the importer is properly licensed and registered.

3. A Federal firearms licensee other than an importer, may make an occasional importation of sporting firearms or ammunition (excluding surplus military) for himself or an unlicensed person in the licensee's State, provided that the firearms and ammunition are intended for personal use of the person for whom imported and not for resale. ATF Form 6 - Part I (5330.3A) is used to obtain approval for such importation.

4. A permit is not required for a firearm or ammunition brought into the United States or any possession thereof by any person who can establish to the satisfaction of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) that such firearm or ammunition was previously taken out of the United States or any possession thereof by such person.

5. A permit is not required for the return of a repaired firearm, or replacement firearm of the same kind and type, to the person in the United States who sent the defective firearm out of the United States for repair.

6. If you are a nonimmigrant alien do not complete this form. A nonimmigrant alien entering the U.S. temporarily needs to submit an ATF Form 6NIA (5330.3D) (Application and Permit for Temporary Importation of Firearms and Ammunition by Nonimmigrant Aliens) to temporarily import his personally owned firearms.

7. An unlicensed person may obtain a permit to import sporting type ammunition (excluding tracer or incendiary) and firearm parts (other than frames, receivers or actions) without engaging the services of a Federal firearms licensee, provided that the importation is for his personal use and not for resale.

8. A nonresident U.S. citizen returning to the United States or a nonresident alien immigrating to the United States, from a permanent residence outside of the United States may complete and forward the enclosed ATF Form 6 Part I permit application without having to utilize the services of a federally licensed firearms dealer. The nonresident should include a statement, either on the application form or on an attached sheet, that the firearms are being imported for his personal use and not for resale and that he is a nonresident U.S. citizen returning to the

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2016...ve-gun-control

Last edited by 17tbs; 04-18-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:44 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

SO: Where does that leave this deal?
WTH, empty brass is empty brass right?

CT:
What's the shipping charges on that box full?

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 02-25-2017, 01:54 PM

UPS is at $63'ish for 5kg~11lbs (1000+ cases)

I will pick up as many as i can for a future lucky guy, and report back when i have a good batch.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:21 AM

Is this batch gone?
Didn't sound like it from reading so far.

Thanks, you shoot these things or pick 'em up?

it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 02-27-2017, 02:07 AM

Batch is spoken for awaiting shipment protocol as these cases will likely require an ATF Form 6. If you can keep a shipment under $100 then you can claim 4.6x30mm HK MP7 DWM cases as a non commercial shipment. So, you have a limit per shipment, gift or no gift. However, you still need an ATF FORM 6.

Last edited by 17tbs; 04-18-2017 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:38 AM

Thanks, good luck getting them over here in good time and shape.

it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 02-27-2017, 06:06 PM

Default 4.6x30mm

I'll set up the process for y'all, and you can follow suit.

Here is the process. Travel to Country of source, place in your personal posession, get to airport. When asked what's in the baggie don't be surprised if uniformed folks take a keen interest in your cargo. Essentially you can't do this without being a licensed arms importer. It is all rigged to keep the little guy out of the business, even if it is just for personal use.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is designed to keep terrorists from potentially doing things like ummm, putting C4 under a golf green on the PGA tour, or making sure police here don't need to expect facing a 14.5mm machine gun in Little Rock Arkansas when pulling over a couple of local punks.

There are good reasons for the laws, unintended and insignificant consequences for you and me are that these cases are not likely to make the pond hop any time soon.

Last edited by 17tbs; 04-18-2017 at 03:37 PM.