Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-08-2017, 05:16 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld
Default ~

Kiwi:

Mine have been ringing since I was 15. Three of us were in a '50 Ford p/up
chasing coyotes across the prairie. I was in the middle, guy on the right had his '06 muzzle up and set it off, windows closed. Blew out the back glass, hitting the window frame at the top. Both of us had powder burns on our faces but, no one was hit. Hell of a price to pay for some a/h's stupidity!
I've been a radical SOB since about: "muzzle DOWN" or you can walk!"
Whole lot easier to survive without a foot than it is without a head!

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 01-09-2017, 05:34 PM
Supporting Member

I can only say that the one fortunate thing about the UK is that moderators are not only available but positively encouraged by the licensing authorities.

With that in mind my 'moderated' 17hh is a slight bit quieter than my moderated 17hmr. That's because I use a caliber specific full bore rifle moderator.

It's a shame you guys can't get mods that easily. The 17hh is fantastic when moderated at night, just a sharp hand-clap report and rabbits tend to sit there unaware of the direction it came from.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:38 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMiller View Post
I can only say that the one fortunate thing about the UK is that moderators are not only available but positively encouraged by the licensing authorities.

With that in mind my 'moderated' 17hh is a slight bit quieter than my moderated 17hmr. That's because I use a caliber specific full bore rifle moderator.
Really?...that is so interesting!
Quote:
It's a shame you guys can't get mods that easily. The 17hh is fantastic when moderated at night, just a sharp hand-clap report and rabbits tend to sit there unaware of the direction it came from.
Amen...I'm envious of you guys in this regard. It is so expensive (tax & cost) & SOOOO dumb! At least they are getting more common here & the technology seems to be progressing more...and the prices seem to be getting better. It will be interesting if the recent political changes effects this. We shall see.

....ZBROJOVKA.......BRNO

Last edited by TOU; 01-10-2017 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOU View Post
Really?...that is so interesting!

Amen...I'm keeps of you guys in this regard. It is so expensive (tax & cost) & SOOOO dumb! At least they are getting more common here & the technology seems to be progressing more...and the prices seem to be getting better. It will be interesting if the recent political changes effects this. We shall see.
Sure Hoping!
Old 01-10-2017, 10:29 AM
Supporting Member

We got these allowed (as, I think, did the Norwegians) by extolling the health and safety benefits of moderators and how much would be saved to the authorities by not having a mostly deafened shooting community.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Supporting Member

My new 22 squirrel is really quiet, it is by far the quietest non suppressed centerfire I have ever shot. It makes it a lot of fun to shoot. I'm liking more than my 17 squirrel.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:04 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
Sure Hoping!
Not to totally derail this thread but just came across this on another forum which I find interesting...

Quote:
Hearing Protection Act

It's back and with a much better chance of actually passing and being signed into law this time around. So call your reps and tell them to support this. Call your senators and tell them to introduce a companion bill.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...house-bill/367

If you don't know who your congressmen are, go here and enter your zip code. You'll need the bill's number, H.R. 367 when you call. And yes, you need to call. Calling is the most effective method, written letters second, e-mails third.

Before you call, take a few minutes to get your message together. Be respectful, no need to go into a diatribe on silencers v. suppressors or anything like that. Just tell the aide that you're talking to that it's important to you that your representative support this bill. Let them know you'd like to see your rep sign on as a cosponsor if they haven't already.

Remember, don't ask your senators to support this bill, it's a House bill that has nothing to do with them. Instead ask them to introduce a companion bill in the Senate.

And while you're at it, throw in a good word for this one too. https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-.../house-bill/38

....ZBROJOVKA.......BRNO
Old 01-11-2017, 01:58 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMiller View Post
We got these allowed (as, I think, did the Norwegians) by extolling the health and safety benefits of moderators and how much would be saved to the authorities by not having a mostly deafened shooting community.
A large percentage of people over here would just point out that hearing damage is yet another good reason for gun control I fear, to them it's "any port in a storm"!