Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 12-16-2013, 08:53 PM
Supporting Member

Farmers here in ny love coyotes.....at least in my area anyways. I live in apple country, and they think they keep the rodents down that damage tree roots. Good luck getting permission to hunt coyotes here.

I am not advocating bounties, but I think the explosion in predator numbers coupled with habitat loss has really had an impact on wild life. I see hawks everywhere! I live near Rochester ny ( about one million in the greater Rochester area) . My buddy lives in the heart of the city, and routinely watches red tailed hawks pick off pigeons from his bird feeder. We have osprey nesting downtown on the Kodak building. These predators, just like coyotes, have learned that living is good around humans.......
Old 12-16-2013, 09:01 PM

I drove up to syracuse one day last winter and the entire way up the highway there were hawks sitting on light poles for miles, I counted 50 or more, every 100yds or so. Never saw anything like it in my life, maybe during migration? It was weird, cant see how rabbits or other small game survive with that type of pressure.
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" John 10:10
Old 12-16-2013, 09:25 PM

Default coyotes

Times are a changing remember looking through a old sears catalog from the thirties that had traps for putting on fence post for catching hawks. They sold guns traps and bought fur back in them days, times were tuff but not as hectic and stressful as they seem today. You took care of your family the best you could with what you had. not like today where some think because you have something your lucky and didn't earn it so you should be forced to take care of them.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:38 PM

Default Coyote Management

We need to stop all these free loader programs and let people go back to living and working the land, hunt, fish, etc. Those anti-hunt groups and their type would starve. So be it. Then we would and could enjoy our outdoor sports and live well. Bill K