Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-20-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernman View Post
There have been sum very good sales on Swarovski Z3, at several locations in Canada, 25-30% of Normal, perhaps those sales are happening in USA as well, I have a Z3 4X12x50 , with the fine BRX reticle on my CZ .17 hornet, very happy with it,
Nikon Monarch is a great vale scope with nice glass.
Glass is very personal, what suits my eyes, may not suit yours,
Very well put.

I have looked through lots of glass. It's like buying a new car, only the opposite. Never buy a car during a rain and overcast day. That is the very best time to compare optics.

Buying glass without ever having looked through it is like buying shoes over the Internet. They may or may not fit.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:02 PM

Personally I like nikons better then any other scope. For my eye they are super clear. My buddy just bought an atn digital night vision scope 3-14 And loves it. Its crazy, automatically adjusts crosshairs, programs several bullets into it, records your shots....its was only 600 bucks. Very cool technology.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:30 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Same old story that's been around at least 200 years.

$100 saddle on a $10 horse.

You can carry only about three rifles and shoot one at a time.
Keep another couple dozen in the truck as backup.
Nice glass on each one of course. So what's not to like?

One time I bought one of those Ruby Red lense scopes.
Seemed just fine. Til one day shooting CMP match in heavy overcast
and light rain. 12" bull at 200yards I couldn't even see the bull thru the scope.
True story, sent it back and they swapped for a better grade and clear lense.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"

Last edited by georgeld; 01-27-2018 at 12:34 AM. Reason: add info
Old 01-27-2018, 01:18 PM

I am almost to the point of wishing had had never asked, what I thought was an easy question to those shooting these calibers.
Never meant for it to get to a brand comparison or knock what anyone was using.
Nor did I mean for it to get into any kind of urinating contest.

I review and research any pricey item I buy anymore. Why wouldn't one? Just to easy with the Internet. I am a B&L and Bushnell guy for the most part. Some will knock them, they are my most used brand. I have others, most all of them came on rifles as a package. A couple of others I was in the right place at the right time with funds in hand.

I work fairly hard for my money. I can only afford to buy once. Admittedly I have had to be happy with what few dollars I had to spend in the past. I just refuse to put into service and item that may not give me good service. I don't care if it is a drive to my range to do some shooting or going thousands of miles and spending thousands of dollars on a hunt, if you don't trust it 110% you may end highly upset.
Buddy went on an elk hunt. Took his grandpas 35 Whelan. It had an old Lyman scope on it. I urged him to send it off and get it checked out, cost for a service at that time was $150 including shipping. He refused to do so. He got to his destination, got to camp and proceeded to check zero. Scope was fogged. He did not tell his guide, so went on and shot it and admitted to me he struggled to see well enough to try it. Second shot and a broken cross hair. Ended up using a borrowed rifle. Took him another 5 years to save for another hunt, he did kill a nice bull, but the borrowed rifle bill was a fair bit bigger.

I am not rich by a long shot. Just any everyday dirt under my finger nails laborer. Don't mean to come off snobbish either, if I do I apologize.

Scopes are mounted on rifles and waiting for good days with enough time to do a pile of load work.
Thanks to those that gave me some input
Jeff
Old 01-27-2018, 01:49 PM
Supporting Member

Your story is why it's never good to leave home without a back-up............. Both rifles and scopes.

Stuff happens...........

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine