Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2022, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Mayer View Post
Thanks! That was a Boyd's clearance that someone ordered, then canceled.
I think that is the one that I spotted on Rapid Fire and pointed out. I remember thinking that it would make up into a nice rifle. I picked up our AT-One Thumbhole on Rapid Fire as well.

If I didn't have so many rifle projects going on right now I would buy a barreled action and the stock that is currently on Rapid Fire.

What others have said regarding taking the factory barrel off are entirely consistent with our experience. Some times they come right off, sometimes it takes heaven and earth to get them started.

I too would like to see an over the counter flush fitting magazine available. I don't have any problem at all with the DIP mag well and release lever on the laminated stock rifle we made up on a Howa Mini. If I were making up a real slick little sporter in a fancy wood stock I think that the hinged floorplate would be the way to go, but I want to see one first hand before making a commitment. I have a friend who loves his and another friend not so much.
Old 10-11-2022, 04:41 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDHasty View Post
I think that is the one that I spotted on Rapid Fire and pointed out. I remember thinking that it would make up into a nice rifle. I picked up our AT-One Thumbhole on Rapid Fire as well.
Yes! That is the one. I spoke with them and then ordered it. It is a gorgeous stock and only needed slight inletting.
Old 10-12-2022, 01:28 PM

I'm looking at the Jefferson outdoors bottom metal for cz magazines. I prefer a detachable magazine and already have several cz mags. Anyone have experience with those?
Old 10-12-2022, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Parker View Post
I'm looking at the Jefferson outdoors bottom metal for cz magazines. I prefer a detachable magazine and already have several cz mags. Anyone have experience with those?
Brent: Did not know about this one. Went to their web site and that conversion looks very nice. Notice the price is even lower than another companies conversion kit, which makes it a little more interesting, too me.
Waiting, like you, to see if someone has direct knowledge on one.
Old 10-12-2022, 02:22 PM
Supporting Member

I have been using their .223 CZ bottom metal/trigger guard in the .17 Fireball builds I posted in this thread. They work great.

Last edited by Eric Mayer; 10-12-2022 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-12-2022, 03:02 PM

Thanks Eric, I guess I need to order one and a .17 barrel.

Last edited by Brent Parker; 10-12-2022 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-12-2022, 03:20 PM

Yes, Eric's post makes me really think about one for use on one of my mini's in 22 PPC and a future 20 PPC.
Old 10-12-2022, 03:40 PM
Supporting Member

Just remember that there are numerous sizes of CZ bottom metal that fit various magazines. When I rebarreled my .223 CZ 527 Varmint to .224 Valkyrie, I had to swap out the bottom metal to their 7.62x39 version and change magazines to match.
Old 10-12-2022, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Mayer View Post
Just remember that there are numerous sizes of CZ bottom metal that fit various magazines. When I rebarreled my .223 CZ 527 Varmint to .224 Valkyrie, I had to swap out the bottom metal to their 7.62x39 version and change magazines to match.
Yes, I know, from changing a few CZ and Mini's over. this last mini was a 7.62.39, but was changed/re-barreled to 22PPC.
Old 10-12-2022, 04:29 PM

Not to be a Debbie Downer, with CZ dropping that line are there aftermarket sources for the 527 various magazines?
I know the CZ magazines were not what one would call plentiful anyway.