Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 08-30-2022, 03:26 PM

Default Oregon Measure 114

Okay, no small caliber, but it sure will add a burden to those of you living in Oregon.
What are some of your thoughts ( think I know) about this new measure/law Oregon has proposed, #114 and ownership/buying of firearms and magazines ?
Is your state turning into another communist one, like my commie California ?
Old 08-30-2022, 08:49 PM

Its already too late Bill. Oregon watches what California and Washington do regarding firearms, then just copies that. Clearly infringes on 2nd A rights. I'm worried because its a BM and the general public in Oregon just don't understand and may vote it in. The good news I guess is the local PD's and Sherriffs depts have no resoures to enforce it.
This is a good anylsis I think.
https://www.ossa.org/uploads/2/5/3/2...14_-_final.pdf
Old 08-30-2022, 11:37 PM

Completely agree.

This is NOT something the general (uninformed) public should be allowed to vote on. Like most liberal crap they try to get passed, they masquarade it as "safety", ignoring the blatant fact it's unconstitutional.

I was surprised when I read it, that the word "confiscation" did not appear. I'm confident 'they'll' fix that.
Old 08-31-2022, 10:59 PM
Supporting Member

Default Moved to Montana

Oregon gun laws are one of the main reasons I moved to Montana. They have lost their minds. and I only lived there for 65 years
Old 08-31-2022, 11:16 PM

It is a sad situation, but Commie Kalifornia and N.Y.s gun laws, which have no effect on the criminal, are spreading into state after state.
The fine Old Republic and it's Constitution and Bill of Rights have no meaning any longer to many that take the Oath to uphold and defend it.
Old 09-01-2022, 01:09 PM
Supporting Member

Hopefully Firearms Policy Coalition gets in the fight.

ML
Old 09-01-2022, 04:22 PM

Thanks to term limits the OR Gov is out this fall. We have a slim but hopeful chance of voting in Betsey Johnson (Conservative Dem turned Independent) who appears to have some common sense about gun control and other issues.
Where is the NRA? They were asleep when WA state voted in mantatory gun registration which OR prompty followed. They appear to be ignoring the west coast.
I'd also be long gone to the MT p dog towns if my wife would agree...alas.
Wish us luck here in OR...we need it ... and
Can we have term limits for all our public servants in government... aka politicians.
Thanks for listening...I feel a little better.
Old 09-01-2022, 05:21 PM

It would be a great relief, I believe, if politicians had term limits of say 2 years, and then never again into government office/position. But don't think that will ever happen, as they themselves control the vote on that issue.
Also to show how they have no regard for laws or the U.S. Supreme court, look what N.Y. is doing. Completely ignoring the Courts rule on the gun ban/laws NY put in and going ahead with banning guns in so many places.
I am waiting now to see how crime will increase in those gun free zones, since the criminals with guns, will now know they have many victims, without gun in all of them and through out the state of N.Y. especially in NYC. Time will tell, I guess. All I can hope for is that some of the politicians, themselves, are victims of the criminals they support.
Old 09-02-2022, 12:12 AM

I have one question. At what point are gun forums going to stop saying , politics don't factor in to the 2nd amendment debate. I realize they are not political forums, but, seriously folks.......
Old 09-21-2022, 07:11 PM

Default oregon

As soon as I got out of my business there I moved to Montana also.