Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Project Guns

Old 08-09-2019, 02:54 AM

I have to say I am astounded, a firing pin direct from Ruger. Good for you.... ....I was unable to buy a grip screw for a blackhawk..........

If you remove the little firing pin and look at the extremes, about 205 across its driving band, and overall length about 444. The driving band length is short, about 78. The recess of the firing pin cavity in the block does have a cylinderical portion with a tapered nose section. The firing pin nose sharpest diameter is around 73. Firing pin nose length is around 318, with a 105 diameter section near the driving band, ie the beginning of the firing pin nose taper. Nominal numbers here of course......

Every No.1 firing pin that I have fooled with over the years, the dimensions are about the same, held the numbers pretty closely.

I hope the new firing pin does something for you.

The exit hole and driving band numbers will be in the mix for holding things on the up and up I would think. One would surmise.........even guess.......that the firing pin exist hole in the block could be bushed. I have never done a centerfire bushing, but several rimfire conversions, which of course...........is another ball game due to the difference in pressures.

Last edited by rick w.; 08-09-2019 at 02:58 AM.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick w. View Post
I have to say I am astounded, a firing pin direct from Ruger. Good for you.... ....I was unable to buy a grip screw for a blackhawk..........
I was a bit surprised also. I asked if I could buy a firing pin & the lady said she was doubtful that they could sell one because it was part of the "firing group". It would have to be installed by them due to liability issues. She agreed to ask her supervisor anyway & to both our surprise, she got the okay! To top that off she sending it for free!

BTW: I called the Ruger Customer Support in Prescott, AZ