Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Project Guns

Old 10-22-2017, 09:20 PM

Great gun. I enjoy the 20-222, great cartridge
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" John 10:10
Old 10-25-2017, 05:56 PM

I like all my 'glass' stocks but...There's something to be said about a beautiful wood stock. Very nice looking!!
Old 12-10-2017, 10:49 AM

Default Fitted a Maddco trigger

Just fitted up a new Maddco trigger (made here in Australia) for my L461 .20-222. These 3 lever style triggers will fit all L-series Sakos and Mauser actions, and as I understand it were well regarded in the early days of the Australian benchrest scene. They are externally adjustable with a pull weight range of 6oz - 3.5lbs.

Awesome trigger. First three shots after fitting it:

Got to give a shout out on the quality of the pillar bedding job by Jerome Ziersch (Ziersch Custom Rifles, Auburn South Aust) as well - since the rifle was last zeroed the action had been out of the stock 3 times before this photo was taken - no need to re-zero this baby!

Marcus
Old 07-18-2018, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyswatter View Post
I like all my 'glass' stocks but...There's something to be said about supplements close to phentermine available over the counter and a beautiful wood stock. Very nice looking!! Just fitted up while using this amazing a new Maddco trigger (made here in Australia) for my L461 .20-222. These 3 lever style triggers will fit all L-series Sakos and Mauser actions, and as I understand it were well regarded in the early days of the Australian benchrest scene. They are externally adjustable with a pull weight range of 6oz - 3.5lbs.

Awesome trigger. First three shots after fitting it:

Got to give a shout out on the quality of the pillar bedding job by Jerome Ziersch (Ziersch Custom Rifles, Auburn South Aust) as well - since the rifle was last zeroed the action had been out of the stock 3 times before this photo was taken - no need to re-zero this baby!
I agree. Wood always looks classy. I myself have wooden stock (self-made).

Last edited by RobertShorter; 07-10-2023 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-28-2018, 12:10 AM

7 weeks to go and I will get to see and fondle that little Sako
Old 09-12-2018, 10:17 AM

I know this is an old topic but wanted to see if theres anyone else interested in bringing it back to life,

I have a couple thousand once fired Norma 222 brass from back in the 70's and 80's that were shot out of a couple sako's by my dad and me. Anyway I had Kiff make me a reamer to where all i do is trim off .85 thous and neck down to 20 cal. Using LT-30 with a 35 gr Berger I'm getting over 3900fps according to my Ohler35P with extreme accuracy. This is amazing to me to the point that I'm having my Cooper .204 chambered with the same way to see if this is a fluke or a good combo. I'm using a 25" Hart 12 twist.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoming Drifter View Post
I know this is an old topic but wanted to see if theres anyone else interested in bringing it back to life,

I have a couple thousand once fired Norma 222 brass from back in the 70's and 80's that were shot out of a couple sako's by my dad and me. Anyway I had Kiff make me a reamer to where all i do is trim off .85 thous and neck down to 20 cal. Using LT-30 with a 35 gr Berger I'm getting over 3900fps according to my Ohler35P with extreme accuracy. This is amazing to me to the point that I'm having my Cooper .204 chambered with the same way to see if this is a fluke or a good combo. I'm using a 25" Hart 12 twist.
Excellent timing!

I have 20-222 going together right now. Mine is being built on a SS Rem 700 using a Hart #4 1-11tw finished at 26. I had a real pretty walnut stock off of a Remington BDL Custom Deluxe that's been sitting on the shelf for years. I have very few guns with wood stocks and kinda wanted to keep that BDL Custom Deluxe "look" to this particular build. The only thing it'll be lacking is that rich bluing BDL's came from the factory with but I'm having it cerakoted black so hopefully it'll still look decent.

My plan is to work up a load with the Berger 35's and H322 first and see how they work on coyotes this winter. I'm hoping that combo will produce a load that is well into the 3800 fps range and will shoot tiny little groups but only time will tell.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L461 View Post
7 weeks to go and I will get to see and fondle that little Sako
Only one week to go now Andy-roo.

Will you please contain yourself when Marcus turns up at camp. OH and by the way, how is your 20/222 coming along.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B23 View Post
Excellent timing!

I have 20-222 going together right now. Mine is being built on a SS Rem 700 using a Hart #4 1-11tw finished at 26. I had a real pretty walnut stock off of a Remington BDL Custom Deluxe that's been sitting on the shelf for years. I have very few guns with wood stocks and kinda wanted to keep that BDL Custom Deluxe "look" to this particular build. The only thing it'll be lacking is that rich bluing BDL's came from the factory with but I'm having it cerakoted black so hopefully it'll still look decent.

My plan is to work up a load with the Berger 35's and H322 first and see how they work on coyotes this winter. I'm hoping that combo will produce a load that is well into the 3800 fps range and will shoot tiny little groups but only time will tell.
Interesting. I have a 20 Extreme that is similar to yours. I use 222 Rem brass trimmed and necked down to finish at 1.575". Mine is a fast twist (8) to stabilize the 55 grain Bergers, the 35's keyhole at 100 yards. 40's work good with Varget or 8208XBR.
I had a good load with a different gun that had a slower twist (10 I think) and shorter barrel that I sold to a buddy using H4198. My friend shot 75 coyotes last winter with his 20 Extreme and found the 40 gr Bergers performed the best for him.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf; 09-16-2018 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to Dan Brothers Send a message via MSN to Dan Brothers Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Brothers

WOW.... this thread is making me want to get my 20-250AI out, and sling some 55 Bergers at some long distance coyotes....that is my FAVORITE THING TO DO.