Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 11-24-2019, 02:14 PM

Default 2005 Remington Classic 308 value

I am selling a few of my 700 Classics thru a dealer friend of mine. The only one I am somewhat confused on value is the .308 which is NIB.

Doing some research this morning a mint fired one was sold with 23 bids for $1754. The only other one I could find is a NIB listed for $1800

These prices seem quite high to me compared to other 700 Classics

Could anyone shed some light to this.

.Also could find no activity on 17 Rem Classic, any info would help

Thanks
Old 11-24-2019, 02:25 PM

Glenn,

By chance were they Commemorative/Anniversary edition that included gold etching on the receiver. Remington has issued a few of these for select calibers in recent years.
Old 11-24-2019, 03:05 PM
Supporting Member

If it was part of the standard 25 year collection run of classic cartridges, the only thing unique about it is the fact that it was the last one produced in the series. That may add to it value for some folks, but I'm not certain. Some of the stocks on these rifles were good looking pieces of wood and others looked like the wood came from a tooth pic factory. Value generally follows that fact. All of them were the same appearance in metal, etc., except for each year's chosen cartridge.

Remington has put out gussied up Custom Shop Classics but they are another ball game entirely, both in appearance and in price. Remington did try to float a few of these at different times but they were generally met with a chorus of yawns from perspective buyers.

About two weeks ago I was offered one in 17 Remington unfired NIB with dark but very plain wood for $900. The GS I was in was selling it on consignment. I passed and it sold a few days later for $825. The value on one of the Classics is based on who/what you find in buyers and what their interests are..........

In total, if you could get $1K for any one of the Classic Cartridge Series rifles NIB, you're probably doing well in my part of the country. I have no idea about other places.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 11-24-2019, 05:46 PM

Default 308 2005 Classic

The one that sold earlier this month was just a std Classic that was fired.

Thanks for the info BCB