Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2019, 06:15 PM

That is nice.
One of those Brownings in 6mm Rem. makes a wonderful "stalking rifle" for deer and I suppose, antelope as well.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:12 PM

Ramos is right I have no resistance to nice firearms. I think things will get better when I can move back. Good friends have a 1,000 yard range, a pistol range and a pasture full of sage rats. Now that I am retired I hope to be busy loading (16 calibers now) and shooting. The 1,000 yard range has a steel gong every 100 yards and is a good place to learn how to judge the wind. I will try my standard 53gr Sierra SMK load in the new 223, it has worked in all of mine. Thanks for the kind words. Ramos is right about a moving van, mostly for my woodworking tools, they multiply just like firearms!
Bill
Old 02-07-2019, 01:43 AM

Nice gun. I had a 223 in a Ruger No. 1 that I traded to my FIL for a No. 1 in a 22-250. He shoots the 223 some and I traded the 22-250 for something else. Kind of hard to not like the falling block single shots. I now have a pair of 1885's in both 17HMR and 17 Mach 2. A shooter in each and a safe queen for the other one. Hopefully will have another in 22lr that my FIL had built up from an old action.

Post up the next one when it finds its way to your home.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:14 AM

The new 1885 arrived today, left Montana Tuesday and is here in Salem today. I need to take back some of what I have said about the USPS in the past! I was astounded, to say the least.. good job USPS! I need to remind everyone that I am not a photographer! This shows that it arrived and has a scope mounted. I hope to shoot it soon. not sure when... chores. It is now official, I have spent my allowance for the next five years, or until I sell this house!
Bill
Old 02-08-2019, 01:27 AM
Supporting Member

Awesome wood on that beautiful rifle!!
Old 02-08-2019, 01:56 AM

Thank you Stan, I hope to get my photographer friend to take some pictures of both Brownings. I can't do them justice, can't wait to shoot this one. I hope it is as accurate as the 22 Hornet.
Bill
Old 02-08-2019, 10:45 AM

Very nice...
Old 02-08-2019, 09:11 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Bill congratulation on your purchase. I have the same Browning also in 223. It is a tackdriver. I’ve only shot 40 and 55 grain and they are both super accurate.
Not finicky at all, everything shoots great. I’m sure yours will do the same.

I am also weak. All this talk of Browning 1885 got to me. I just bought a Hornet and it’s on its way to me. Hope it shoots as well as my 223.
That Doug guy is trouble. ��
Larry
Larry, it was actually Austin and Rick got this 1885 quest going, I'm just an innocent victim . Of course Bill helped out as well! A guy gets a beautiful rifle like that and posts a picture of it and suddenly a guy remembers, "HEY" I got one more empty slot in my gun-safe needs filled . We can't be having that now can we??? A guy remembers that empty slot about the same time about the time someone Purchase Mentors the group with a beautiful picture of one a those 1885's and "bingo", you're an owner, much like yourself .
We are all just helping each other out, one new rifle at a time. It's a good thing, really!

P.S.
Nicely played there Flynmoose and beautiful rifle!!
Old 02-08-2019, 09:59 PM
Supporting Member

Nice looking rifle, Flynmoose. I bet its a shooter also.

Boy howdy..............!! With all of this mentoring talk, I hope its not required now that we get special permission to buy a new rifle. I've lived my entire life buying what I wanted.....uh, I mean needed..... with only my wife to worry about for the decisions I made.

This possibly new development is disconcerting, to say the least......

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine

Last edited by Bayou City Boy; 02-08-2019 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:24 PM

Thanks guys, I am having fun anticipating my move in a few months so I can try the new ones out and drag the old friends out of the safe. An outdoor writer wrote of "a fine and pleasant misery", as in so many toys so little time and money!
Bill